Production Service Technician - Editorial
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Be an integral part of Netflix, bringing delight to viewers and helping transform the way content is created and distributed. The Creative Technologies and Infrastructure team is responsible for building and supporting world-class creative production environments at Netflix owned and leased production facilities worldwide.
Our core philosophy is people over process. More specifically, we have great people working together as a dream team. With this approach, we are a more flexible, fun, stimulating, creative, and successful organization. Take a look at our culture deck. If the culture and position resonate, we would love to speak with you.
We are looking for a Production Service Technician to join the Netflix Creative Technologies and Infrastructure team in Los Angeles. This team is responsible for the effective design, implementation, and support of production ready systems and infrastructure at facilities around the world.
As our editorial and post production specialist you will be part of a team taking point on systems support, workflow advice, and production software with a focus on Avid Media Composer & Pro Tools and Adobe Premiere. You will work closely with our Tier 1 support team to ensure our creatives are working efficiently and able to do their best work. Additionally, you will work closely with our artists, production staff, 3rd party partners, and external vendors on support, designs, solutions, and implementations. You will bridge knowledge gaps between teams, proactively identify inefficiencies and improvements, and develop solutions.
• Provide in depth specialized knowledge of our creative software applications including those provided by Avid, Adobe, Toonboom, The Foundry, and other commercially available software used in the Animation and post production industries
• Liaise with commercial software and hardware vendors, as well as our internal production team, to advocate for enhancements and drive adoption of new technologies
Knowledge, and Qualifications
• Deep technical and working knowledge of creative software applications including Avid's Media Composer and Pro Tools, the Adobe Suite, Toonboom Suite, and The Foundry's Flix
• Working knowledge of hardware including workstations, components, displays, peripherals, networking, and storage solutions as it applies to editorial and ADR workflows
• Understanding of color space, color pipelines, and signal flow
• An ability to work with editors to understand their issues and proactively recommend solutions and workflow modifications
• The ability to elucidate software bugs, organize support requests, and close the loop on remediations
• 5 plus years working in production for the media and entertainment industry
• Ability to document workflows and ''how to'' documents for internal and external users and support teams
• A self starter with clear communication and follow through
• Technical / Engineering connections with DCC's used in the creation of motion pictures
• Python and bash scripting knowledge is a plus