Media Production Suite Support Specialist - LATAM
Full Time Job
Come play a pivotal role in Netflix's quest to transform the way a studio empowers and accelerates production workflows. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone that is passionate about production and post workflows and ready to take the filmmaking process to the next level.
The PS&O team is looking for an execution-oriented, highly effective workflow engineer with extensive knowledge in live-action production workflows, tools and platforms, including a proven history in providing white glove support to post production. This unique and exciting opportunity will have a direct impact on the future of production supporting bleeding edge technology, such as next generation workflows to our post facilities and content creators around the world.
With a proven background in the production/post landscape, you have the ability to understand complex workflows from on set through post production and can communicate with filmmakers, understanding various production specific roles and departments and how they work together. Aside from an extensive workflow background, you also have a post engineering background. The MPS Support Specialist will essentially be an air traffic controller for post production automated tools we offer at Netflix. This role will be responsible for monitoring all pipelines, flagging and resolving issues, and ensuring communication internally and externally is managed for any issues that arise. Therefore the right candidate will understand production and post production workflow, as well as the sensitivity and timeliness of production needs, but also be able to get under the hood of our tools and troubleshoot when a service is having issues. A 'Geek With Swagger' if you will. Someone that is very technical with an engineering background, but also has a proven track record being trusted to communicate directly with clients.
Your role will include collaborating with studio, product, engineering, Netflix personnel and crew directly working on productions. Therefore you will need the ability to manage expectations, multi-task and make judgment calls on when to elevate which issues to which team.
How do you know if this role is right for you?
• You have managed data and or workflows for a post production facility
• You have managed workstations, hardware and overall support at a post production facility
• You have a background in software/hardware development and you have worked on set, or in post production
• You have managed an automated transcoding service in a past job offered to post production
Your primary job functions are:
• Monitor all Media Production Suite automated file transfer and transcoding activity
• Quickly acknowledge any issues that were reported by an end user and manage communication with that end user throughout the issue lifecycle
• Ensure the Netflix Media production Suite tools receive timely support when issues arise
• Perform initial troubleshooting tasks to attempt to resolve simple issues as quickly as possible
• Manage the triage & escalation paths for any more complex issues through to completion
• Ensure all issues flagged, that had work arounds offered to un-stick production, get elevated to Product for future prioritization.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partner closely with the Manager, Production Technology Solutions & Manager, Production Operations Strategy to stay current on product developments. This includes tracking key milestones and timelines to ensure awareness of product version management.
• Act as the primary point-of-contact for production and vendors in resolving escalated MPS related issues, or to answer MPS related questions.
• Serve as the escalation point for MPS challenges encountered by Netflix colleagues in their region.
• Identify and correct complex workflow issues with users.
• Diagnose and rapidly escalate tooling issues to support and engineering teams, partnering with them until the issue is resolved.
• Escalate notable tooling issues to the Manager of Production Operations Strategy and Manager of Production Technology Solutions and aid in prioritization in continued development.
• Monitor and analyze MPS utilization to proactively identify potential issues, and inform forecasting and future resource management.
• Partner with other MPS Solution Specialists around the world to provide off-hours coverage for other regions.
• Partner with the Manager of Production Operations Strategy on advancing and evolving MPS operational strategy.
• Liaise with the Post Services team, supporting MPS tools/pipelines for Netflix titles that utilize Netflix facilities.
• Own the feedback loop for MPS from their region to PS&O and Product.
Additional criteria to be considered:
• A post-production professional with a multi-faceted background in technology and support is ideal
• Adaptability and willingness to change
• Ability to understand changing global production landscape, and competitive markets
• Proficiency in speaking and writing Portuguese, Spanish and English
• 3 years of experience in Post production, with roles in facility, as well as process management, at a post production vendor, studio or network.
• Deep knowledge and experience with content creation processes, on set production and post production services.
• 2 years experience in a support role for a product offered to post production or production users
• Understanding of JSON, XML, CSV, and other commonly used data formats
• Familiarity working across Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
• Previous experience working with media asset management and workflow automation systems
• Understanding of different types of storage infrastructure leveraged throughout production and post, including local drives, facility storage array networks, and cloud storage
• Understand the practical application of and have experience in dailies processing, editorial, VFX pulls, conform/online to final delivery.
• Familiarity with production and post production software (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Colorfront OSD & Transkoder, and Aspera).
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to articulate to both stakeholders and end users, issues currently facing productions.
• Proven ability to manage expectations and remain calm under pressure.
• A clear understanding for how software from on set through production and post are used and the differentiators between them.
• Experience working with diverse teams across multiple functions, skills and locations
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mentality, positive orientation and outlook
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely, or urgent matters
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced, team-oriented setting
• Knowledge of industry standards and the bodies that ratify them.
• Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors across production and post production.
• Previous background in software development, workflow scripting, or system administration not required, but strong plus
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace