Production HR Manager - EMEA
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. We are bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by promoting our original, exclusive content. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, curiosity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, among other things, is our culture.
Netflix is looking for a motivated and dynamic person to join the Production HR Team. The Production HR Manager will support Netflix Original Productions and will have the opportunity to help shape the function within this region during an exciting period of growth. Our aim is to ensure that all Netflix Original productions are safe, inclusive and respectful environments that allow individuals to be free to create their best work to spark joy for our members.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, focused, with a 'can-do' attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast-growing and fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Director, Production HR, this role will be based in the Amsterdam office with regular travel to other Netflix offices, including Madrid and Paris and and local productions across the region.
The Production HR Manager will work closely with internal teams such as Physical Production, Safety, Security, Employment Legal, Production Finance and Business Affairs to provide support to a production client base that includes executive producers, line producers, heads of departments, cast, and crew.
• Facilitate in-person harassment awareness training sessions to production talent and crew members
• Field and answer questions related to employment; including benefits, payroll, onboarding, policies, compliance
• Work closely with cross-functional partners to provide guidance and recommendations around labour standards, especially with regards to child actors/minors on set and other applicable local and international child labour standards
• Assist with the understanding of local working practices, particularly in new countries for Netflix productions, for example Egypt
• Conduct investigations related to workplace fraud, harassment, discrimination and safety
• Work closely with Labour Relations on union related matters; including grievances and terminations
• Partner with internal groups on cross-functional projects, and sync practices across teams to maximize efficiency
• Partner closely with production executives on recruitment and onboarding of talent where appropriate
• Partner with external production companies to provide support and guidance on people issues
• Manage all employee relations matters within production
• Partner with legal and production executives to address any performance management issues, development, and resolutions for non-union employees
• Work with internal teams towards the advancement of technology in the production office, particularly relating to the collection and maintenance of employment data
• Embody our culture through behavior and interactions
• Invite and promote constructive and ongoing feedback
• Knowledge of production and the working conditions and experiences within a production environment (desired)
• General knowledge of safety requirements and experience with conducting training
• Experience of dealing with employee relations issues
• A collaborative style with the ability to influence others into action and to think creatively about solutions
• The ability to communicate confidently, succinctly and logically both verbally and in writing
• Flexibility, tenacity and curiosity
• Working knowledge of Labor Relations laws and Union guidelines
• Passion for the business; driven to accomplish and meet objectives
• Ability to travel both domestic and international
• Language skills - Spanish is essential