Production Director, External Games
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/26/2024 6:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Production Director, External Games jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Production Director, External Games postings
Full Time Job
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment. We connect people with movies and television globally by delivering outstanding content and technological innovation.
This is your chance to be at the forefront of Netflix's new video game offering. We will bring these new experiences to market through the world's leading streaming entertainment app with 231 million paid memberships in over 190 countries who are already enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and now they can download and play mobile games anytime, anywhere with a collection of Netflix curated and produced Games.
Netflix is looking for an experienced Production Director to join the External Games team to lead the strategy, roadmap, and team across all aspects of Production. This role reports to the VP of External Games interacting with External games leadership, Producers, Business Development, Product Manager, and Creative Leads across External Games, as well as cross-functional partners.
The candidate will have a proven track record of building a strong production team, ensuring the production of our external games portfolio runs smoothly from concept through to launch.
• Lead the team, live the culture, create a sense of community within the production team and evangelize this culture across the external games
• Mentor, manage, and lead multiple executive producers and a team of 20 plus Producers, creating growth and opportunities for their success while maintaining a balanced production capacity.
• Partner directly with VP, External Games, QA Manager, Head of Live service, Director of creative, and Head of Business Development to ensure a strong portfolio and business strategy
• Define, develop, and maintain the overall production strategy and roadmap for the portfolio including a clear vision, direction, and goals for the team.
• Identify and lead strategic initiatives across the portfolio to ensure our team and developers have the goals, frameworks and priorities they need to be successful across all aspects of Production
• Partner with business development and creative teams to ensure we are making the right decisions for our developers and members, ensuring we are on track to achieve our overall strategy
• Improve the capabilities and skill set of the production team.
• Take part in identifying new talent and oversee their onboarding.
• Own production budget management against individual games and production needs
• Help resolve unique complex product issues through ingenuity, creativity, and any other means necessary to get the job done. Identify risks early and often and remove roadblocks and performance bottlenecks as needed.
• Cross-functional collaboration
• Work cross-functionally to create a healthy team culture based on rich communication, transparency and shared context.
• Develop strong relationships with internal and 1st party studios to establish and maintain a flow of information so we are aligned on frameworks, games, opportunities, and priorities
• Work directly with business development on developer evaluations when applicable and communicate production-related issues and feedback to ensure developers are set up for success prior to signing.
• Experience as Production Director or VP of Production in both publishing and game development
• 12 years experience in game production with experience shipping multiple games (social, F2P, mobile, web, console, handheld)
• 5 years experience managing direct reports with varying levels of production experience
• Excellent communication approach with the ability to work with a variety of people and styles
• Experience in strategic planning and execution, specifically in production (console, PC, or mobile)
• Robust experience overseeing the full lifecycle of game development with a specific focus on production from sourcing through to post-launch
• Experience leading complex cross-functional projects with the ability to balance quality, scope, budget, risk, and time.
• Ability to influence direction, without relying on positional authority
• An uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action
• Passionate about playing and creating games
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $220,000 - $900,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.