NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Production Coordinator, Sustainability
This role is with the Netflix Sustainability Office within Finance to support our sustainability strategy through the implementation of the Netflix production sustainability program. Our growing team is responsible for implementing Netflix's Net Zero Nature commitment, including meeting our science based target. This role will provide essential operational and production engagement as a key member of our team, including:
• Serve as the first point of contact for the production sustainability program, liaising with internal studio personnel across Netflix, including Production Management, Production Planning, and Production Safety
• Manage and maintain production sustainability internal communications materials; support the adaptation of program materials for various production types and facilitate the regionalization of the guidelines across the globe
• Track status and schedules of series and film productions produced across Netflix to inform our emissions reduction strategy and allocation of regional resources
• Liaise with Regional Sustainability Advisors, supporting their efforts to operationalize fuel and energy efficiency on the ground, including for cleantech pilots and infrastructure upgrade opportunities
• For productions shooting in locations without Regional Sustainability Advisors, onboard self-managed productions to the Netflix production sustainability program and provide guidance throughout production. Support partner-managed productions in their sustainability efforts.
• Provide communications support, including the development of production case studies.
• Synthesize production level feedback and learnings to inform emissions reduction strategy and production engagement process.
• Provide project management support for the Sustainability team as related to production emission reduction initiatives. Includes assessing, tracking and advancing facility improvement opportunities, and operationalizing cleantech solutions across the global production portfolio.
• Bachelor's degree, emphasis in environmental science or sustainability preferred, or other relevant educational experience.
• 5 years of physical production experience on or with studio-sized series or film production.
• Ideal candidates will have 3 years in production sustainability, implementing carbon reduction measures on film and/or series production at either the production or studio level.
• Candidates are required to be highly organized and have a proven track record of managing high volumes of competing demands and have the ability to shift priorities quickly, project/program management experience is required.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills are essential, experience writing for external communications a plus.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate clearly and accurately, thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously and understand when to ask necessary questions.