Production Coordinator, Games Studio
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We're a group of developers, artists, and storytellers that make games full of wonder, danger, and humor. Everyone at our studio, whether an industry vet or new voice impacts each game through collaborative feedback, mutual respect, and creative empowerment. If you want to make games that leave a meaningful impact on players: we want to hear from you.
We're looking for new teammates who deeply care about the work they do, the stories they tell, and the people they create with. As part of the Netflix team, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Learn how our story-loving game people came to join Netflix's team of game-loving story people.
PRODUCTION AT NIGHT SCHOOL
At Night School Studio, production helps keep the art, design, story, audio, engineering, and marketing teams coordinated, collaborating, and on track to build unique and compelling narrative game experiences. Iteration and autonomy is a core production value at Night School. Where there is a gap in process or way to improve a workflow, the production team is empowered to make positive adjustments to bring about a higher quality to our development and ultimately our game experiences. We're always looking for ways to reduce project risk and maximize potential.
ABOUT THE JOB
The production team works with the rest of the development team to translate creative goals into achievable steps. You will play a big part in this as we work to execute on and improve on our processes. A Production Coordinator at Night School will have the opportunity to work across multiple game projects helping to ensure the team's day-to-day development goals can be met with an eye towards exceptional quality.
• Collaborate with the production team to make informed decisions on priorities, commitments, and process to keep teams moving toward a shared vision.
• Support managing the day-to-day tasking and scheduling of multiple projects.
• Work with both internal departments and external partners to ensure strong, reliable collaboration in a timely manner.
• Motivate and support your team by identifying and helping to remove roadblocks and project risks.
• Junior-level experience in a project or administrative coordination role.
• Experience tracking, organizing, and coordinating multiple complex project threads.
• Able to prioritize competing interests to best serve the comprehensive needs and constraints of the project.
• Highly detail oriented and displays strong adaptability and problem solving skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
• Positive attitude and strong people skills with a passion for making games and continuous growth.
Nice to Haves...
• Proficient with project management suites Google Suite, Jira, Confluence, and/or ClickUp.
• Experience or understanding of game development processes and methodologies.
• Knowledgeable about the game industry from a player's perspective.
• Passionate about storytelling, video games, and video game development.
• Strengths include being goal oriented, conscientious, tenacious, thoughtful, meticulous, as well as being both a great listener and communicator.
• Self-starter willing to find solutions and ask questions when needed.
• Desires to support and guide a team to achieve their goals from a ''bottom up'' rather than ''top down'' management approach.
• Filters team creative ideas, ambitions, and goals through the lens of strategy and pragmatic next steps.
• Proficient at communication, negotiation, and diplomacy.
• Receptive to and skilled at giving and receiving critique and feedback.
• Life-long learner who wants to bring what you learn to improving the project and team every day.
Required Application Materials
• Required: Resume
• Optional, but nice to have: Cover letter about why you want to work with Night School Studio