Production Clearance Analyst
Full Time Job
As a member of the Intellectual Property Team, you will support vital components of our content production, and be an integral resource for Netflix's business and creative teams. Your production clearance experience allows you to make fast decisions about legal risk within content with imperfect information. You are at heart, a practical problem solver. Your eye for detail and exceptional organizational talent mean that you excel at quickly helping to piece together the jigsaw puzzle of a sticky clearance situation. You are excited about the challenge of making a wide-variety of programs. You think outside the box, challenge long-standing assumptions, and look for opportunities to innovate. You also have experience of communicating across different levels of the business with diverse viewpoints. The successful candidate will be one who loves working in an environment where freedom and responsibility are tenets and passion and curiosity are mandates. The role is ideal for someone who is comfortable in a constantly changing environment. The role will report to Director & Senior Counsel, IP based in Mumbai. Occasional international travel may be required.
A lawyer with PQE of 3 to 5 years preferably from the Media & Entertainment industry or a law firm background which specializes in M&E practice.
• Deep understanding of how the media and entertainment industry works in India;
• Deep understanding of how content is developed and produced in India;
• Thorough experience in legal clearance work for content produced in India;
• Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously and fast-paced clearance activities with production personnel and licensors of production materials;
• Reviewing and organizing a high-volume of scripts, research reports, license agreements and other clearance documents;
• Reviewing content and preparing production clearance reports in collaboration with the IP counsels;
• Experience negotiating and drafting license agreements for a wide variety of third party materials used in content such as clips;
• Working closely with the production houses' legal teams on legal clearances and conducting production clearance meetings;
• Good understanding of Indian Media & Entertainment law and its role in evaluating legal risks in a content;
• Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail;
• Demonstrate ability to drive efficiency and think strategically about production clearance and risk tolerance;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively work collaboratively and cross-functionally with people having diverse viewpoints and interests;
• Curious and eager to tackle matters outside the area of expertise;
• Sense of humour, love for innovation and an absolute obsession with content.
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment with one simple goal: to bring people joy. Our international efforts have brought Netflix's service and award-winning Originals programming to viewers in over 190 countries. To bring joy to global audiences, we need truly global content; that doesn't always come from Hollywood. As we scale our original content in India, our IP team is in search of a Content Clearance Specialist in Mumbai to advise production houses on legal clearance matters related to our content.