Product Manager, Studio Technology
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Product Manager, Studio Technology (Post Production)
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We want to empower the post production landscape, utilizing never-before-seen streamlined, cutting-edge post production business technologies. This empowerment comes with maximizing efficiencies individually and as a whole to facilitate creation of the world's best streaming content. We're looking for a Product Manager who embodies this passion for change with a keen knowledge of what business technology can do for post production now and in the future.
The Product Manager will be assigned to multiple post production technology initiatives as the primary business lead for production/studio related workflows when building in-house applications and partnering on third party builds and/or buys. This role will be responsible for deriving business requirements as it relates to product functionality with a primary focus on identifying and solving for key post production workflows. The Product Manager will outline, socialize and prioritize action items and team assignments as the primary project owner. Candidate must have a strong background in the post production environment combined with a passion for excellence and change management experience in utilizing cloud-based technologies.
To note, post production technology covers a wide array of trade skills. This position will specifically focus on studio and production-level business workflows involving post production planning, scheduling, budgeting and reporting.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with Netflix Post Production on dissecting current workflows and ideate on translating those workflows utilizing technology.
• Generate detailed business requirements in cases where enterprise tools are needed to facilitate operational workflows pertaining to new technology data aggregation, analyzation, dissemination and reporting.
• Partner with product managers, technical program managers, engineering managers, and business experts/consultants across internal and external delivery teams at Netflix, representing the needs of studio technology on product(s) created for the post production org.
• Partner with Post Production as well as our Tech Ops team on external product testing and product launch and Studio Tech on internal launch, with a keen eye for driving tactical adoption in both arenas.
• Socialize project timelines as needed and maintain accountability on deliverables.
• 10 years within post production, either freelance or studio-based.
• Keen understanding of current post production workflows, namely: scheduling, budgeting, bidding, vendors & shot tracking, and crew management.
• Knowledge of the current market of post production media management and editorial tools with a specific skill set in understanding the relationship of pre-production and on-set production data with media assets.
• Experience with new software development processes: discovery, design, engineering, uat, soft launch.
• Experience managing and working with engineering teams collectively.
• Willingness to regularly travel.
• Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
• Sharp assessment skills with an ability to vet wants vs. needs.
• Comfortable with running lean.
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.