Product Designer, Studio Xd
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Product Designer, Studio Xd - Content Acquisition & Finance
About the role
The Content Acquisition & Finance Product team is solving some of the most crucial problems in the Netflix Content Studio ecosystem. We build technologies to power how Netflix source stories, evaluate pitches, plan & optimize our entire content catalog, predict our content success, and budget & fund our productions. As a Product Designer on the team, you will be collaborating with other seasoned design leaders, product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to take on challenges we face in the Production Finance area: How might we help modernize the production planning, budgeting, funding, and reporting processes for our creators and filmmakers so they can focus on making top-quality shows for our members.
• Collaborate with other design, product, business, and engineering partners to lead and develop product and design strategies
• Collaborate with Studio Insights & Research to gain a deep understanding of the user and their needs
• Advocate for the user, and drive a holistic UX vision that inspires the Production Finance team to push on the status quo
• Expand and contribute to a scalable user experience strategy, rooted in proven best practices
• Bring multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems.
• Create simple, intuitive experiences in a space that has complex rules and workflows
• 8 years of Product Design experience designing tools for content creators and designers
• Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global teams
• Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business
• Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts
• Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive consensus and mine for value
• The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and evangelize on their behalf
• Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast
• A willingness to fail and learn
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well
• Product design experiences working on B2B or Fintech products
• A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling
Why work at Netflix?
• If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high-performance team. Work with talented colleagues on challenging problems that affect 100 million members across the globe.
• We value high performance, freedom, and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes, or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
• We tackle hard problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale, and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, reaching over 183 million paid subscribers in more than 190 countries and territories worldwide. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen, all without commercials or commitments.
About the Studio XD team
We are the newest and fastest-growing design team at Netflix. We create and design the technologies to power how Netflix source and produce all our content. We are scrappy and entrepreneurial. Each of us has a broad set of Product Design skills ranging from product thinking to interaction design, user research to visual communication. We work in close collaboration with Product and Engineering partners to build groundbreaking innovations for the people inside and outside of our Studio that help Netflix create, license, and deliver world-class content to our members.