Product Designer - Studio Xd
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 151 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
At the center of every single title that launches on the service is a huge effort across multiple teams to curate and deliver the best representation of that title from the artwork to the synopsis.
The Studio XD team builds a suite of tools to scale the operations behind taking a title live, while building the world's deepest catalog of information about tv shows and movies. As part of the Studio XD Design Team, you will be designing the future of our tools to manage and enhance our catalog of data, which is leveraged everywhere from production to the service.
In many ways we still act like a start up. You'll work closely across engineering, product, and stakeholders to exchange ideas leading to rapid testing and iteration. We make decisions based on data, observing and reacting to how systems are impacted by our choices.
The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday decision process.
• You are a natural leader.
• You have exceptional communication skills.
• You know how to bring multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems.
• You have tremendous visual design skills and the ability to tell a story.
• You know how to take complicated workflows and make them elegant.
• You have the patience to build something magical.
• You can juggle multiple top-priority tasks and efficiently focus on delivery.
The Must Haves:
• 8 years of Product Design experience working on a mix of consumer and enterprise products
• Experience designing authoring and management tools
• Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global teams
• Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business
• Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts
• Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive consensus and mine for value
• The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and evangelize on their behalf
• Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast
• A willingness to fail and learn
• A passion for movies and TV shows