Product Designer, Studio Xd - Media
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, reaching over 200 million paid subscribers in more than 190 countries and territories worldwide. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen, all without commercials or commitments.
At the center of every single title that launches on the service is a huge effort across multiple teams to curate and deliver the best representation of that title from the artwork to the synopsis.
The Studio XD team designs a suite of products to improve the operations behind taking a title live, while building the world's deepest catalog of information about tv shows and movies. As part of the Studio XD Design Team you will use the power of design to help the world's largest studio source, manage, produce, and deliver incredible content to members all around the world.
About the Studio XD team
We are the newest and fastest-growing design team at Netflix.
We design the technologies that power how Netflix sources and produces all our content. We are scrappy and entrepreneurial. Each of us has a broad set of Product Design skills ranging from product thinking to interaction design, user research to visual communication. We work in close collaboration with Product, Engineering, and Consumer Insights partners to build groundbreaking innovations for the people inside and outside of our Studio.
The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday decision process.
About the role
Here on the Studio Media team, we focus on the humans involved in taking raw footage from the set, iterating on it, and getting ready for all of us to enjoy on screen. That process involves many workflows, a globally distributed team, and tons of media being exchanged, transformed, tracked, and managed. This space is ripe for innovation, and as the world's largest studio, this presents some exciting challenges, as well as huge potential for impact on both Netflix and the industry at large.
As a Product Designer on our team, you will collaborate closely with product managers, researchers, data scientists, engineers, and studio partners to take on complex workflows, involving a wide array of users and various online and offline touchpoints. You'll leverage your HCI, Design Thinking, and Service Design toolkit to find innovative ways to help our productions streamline their work and unlock their creative capabilities.
• Collaborate with product, data science, business, and engineering partners to lead and develop product and design strategies for existing production management products and new initiatives.
• Work with data science, studio partners, and consumer insights teams to gain a deep understanding of users and their needs.
• Advocate for the user and create a holistic UX vision that inspires the wider Production Management team to push beyond the status quo.
• Bring multiple stakeholders along the journey while you solve their most challenging problems for the business.
• Assess complex workflows and create simple, intuitive, and scalable product experiences that improve our ability to manage global productions.
• 8 years of Product Design experience designing a mix of consumer and enterprise products.
• Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business.
• Experience designing complex workflows that scale across diverse, global teams.
• Ability to rapidly ideate, produce, and test multiple UX/UI concepts and prototypes.
• Experience working on end to end services with online and offline touch points
• Expertise in working directly with partners to make progress on priorities.
• Skills in communicating your concepts and promoting their potential positive impact.
• Experience working in fast-paced, continuous delivery environments.
• A willingness to fail, learn, and share your findings with your colleagues.
• Ego-free and earnest-you welcome candid feedback and constructively give it.
• Passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling.