Product Designer, Interactive Tools
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
The Interactive Design team is hiring a senior-level product designer to help us create elegant interactive content creation tools for our external and internal production teams. In the role of Product Designer, Interactive Tools you will apply your passion for application design, creative workflows, and storytelling to help content creators reimagine the future of entertainment experiences on Netflix. You will work closely with a talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, title operations, and external content producers to design and create the tools being used to produce new story experiences for millions of Netflix viewers around the world.
We make decisions based on data, observing and reacting to how systems are impacted by our choices. The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday decision process. As a result, the ideal candidate will be able to create order out of ambiguity, drive challenging design initiatives, as well as do detailed hands-on design work-from wireframes and specs all the way to asset creation and implementation. Above all, you have deep expertise and passion for designing tools and applications intended to reduce user friction and maximize creative output.
On the heels of Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, now is an especially exciting time to join our design team as we evolve the future of entertainment yet again. If you're ready to add your vision-to imagine an alternate future-this is a rare opportunity. The things you discover and create will have widespread impact within Netflix and around the world for our 140M members.
• Partner with the content team, creators, and producers to envision and execute high-value features to evolve the interactive content creation toolset
• Collaborate with various engineering teams throughout the design and implementation process
• Own full-stack UX/UI design-from user journeys to interaction wireframes to polished UI designs to motion
• Write qualitative test plans and conduct usability research, as needed
• Shepherd the creation of onboarding materials for internal and external partners
• As an expert storyteller, you'll articulate a vision for design through the work you do everyday.
• Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with internal organizational partners including UI Engineering, Product Management, and Content.
• 8 years of Product Design experience designing tools for content creators and designers
• Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global teams
• Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business
• Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts
• Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive consensus and mine for value
• The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and evangelize on their behalf
• Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast
• A willingness to fail and learn
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
• An appreciation of A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions
• A passion for interactive games, movies, and TV shows
Why work at Netflix?
• If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high-performance team. Work with talented colleagues on hard problems that affect 100 million members across the globe.
• We value high performance, freedom, and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes, or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
• We tackle hard problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale, and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.