Product Designer, Growth Payments
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
About the Team
The Partnerships & Payments team is a team of product designers with a broad set of UX skills ranging from interaction design, content strategy, visual design, research, and prototyping. We work in close collaboration with product, business, and engineering partners to build new experiences for people around the globe. We pride ourselves on a strong culture of creativity, accountability, and experimentation.
What you will do:
• Collaborate with other design, product, business, and engineering partners to develop strategy and execute payments solutions around the globe
• Collaborate with Consumer Insights to gain a deep understanding of the user and their needs
• Advocate for the user, and drive a holistic UX vision that inspires the payments team to push on the status quo
• Expand and contribute to a scalable user experience strategy, rooted in proven best practices
• Partner closely with regional offices and research to understand expectations, needs, and attitudes around payments around the world
• Bring multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems.
• Create simple, intuitive experiences in a space that has complex rules and workflows
• Proven expertise in the user-centered design process, particularly product and interaction design skills
• Experience contributing to and/or creating design systems and scaling strategies
• Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive alignment and mine for value
• The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and how they solve the problem at hand
• Experience working in fast-paced environments
• An appreciation and understanding of A/B testing process and comfort using data to inform design decisions
• An earnest, mature, and ego-free attitude that welcomes candid feedback
• A willingness to fail and learn
• Design experience in the payments space
• A global or multi-regional perspective
• A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, reaching over 183 million paid subscribers in more than 190 countries and territories around the world. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen, all without commercials or commitments.
Much of the success of Netflix is due to strategic payment methods we enable for different regions around the world, where expectations of how one pays for services may differ greatly. This team is focused on enabling a great payment experience that is relevant for their region, and taking learnings that can be scaled globally.
Although Netflix is an established company, in many ways we still act like a startup. The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday decision process. We endeavor to stay nimble and make decisions quickly.