Product Design Manager, Growth
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Product Design Manager to lead the design of global solutions as Netflix continues to entertain and reach the next 100 million users worldwide. As a leader on the Growth Design team, you will play a key role in defining Netflix's relationship with new customers worldwide, working across various channels to grow our membership base.
As a Product Design Manager, you will lead a team of stunning designers dedicated to helping customers see the ''aha'' moment within Netflix as easily and quickly as possible. You will partner with other design, product, and engineering leaders to develop strategy across the customer journey.
About the team
We are a diverse team with a broad set of UX skills ranging from product thinking to interaction design, user research to visual communication.
You measure success in terms of both human and business impact. As a leader, you foster excellence through collaboration and encourage an inclusive and open environment which makes space for diverse viewpoints and working styles. You are an excellent advocate, evangelist, and listener - and are comfortable directly engaging stakeholders, customers, users and investors alike.
You have recruited and managed effective product design teams with experience building both consumer and enterprise software for the global market. You set a high bar for execution, communication, and the responsibility of your team members. You know how to work cross-functionally with multiple teams, as well as make your ideas and data clear to get everyone on the same page.
You seek and offer candid and constructive feedback, and lean into conflict with curiosity, humility, and a willingness to understand. You have a strong focus on usability and efficiency, and strive to simplify complex problems. With every new release, your team leads the charge towards more effective, more impactful services.
The Must Haves:
• 4 years managing a Design team
• 8 years as a Product Designer
• Experience designing for international audiences
• The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization
• A history of mentoring strong designers and contributing to the design community
• A deep sense of accountability, fostering a high degree of responsibility within your team
• Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast and a focus on execution is critical
• Experience designing for growth and A/B testing
• Excellent communication skills
• A willingness to fail and learn
• A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling
Although Netflix is an established company, in many ways we still act like a startup. The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday decision process. We endeavor to stay nimble and make decisions quickly.