Product Creative Strategist
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue to push the boundaries of innovation at the forefront of entertainment and technology. This is your chance to transform how Japanese content is presented and discovered by millions of members around the world. As part of a creative team within the product organization, Product Creative Strategist is in a unique position to blend the data based A/B testing realm with creative and operational excellence.
Our purpose is to create the most compelling discovery experience through artwork, video, and copy to connect our millions of subscribers to the content they love.
Success is not only based on producing the most varied and visually stimulating cache of assets but also coordinating across numerous internal and external stakeholder groups. The ability to form close relationships with various groups within Netflix is just as critical as with external partners. You'll create strong partnerships with creative directors, agencies, studios and other cross-functional teams to define the creative look and feel of a title which can travel internationally. Garnering an extremely deep understanding of product and content strategies will be inherent to your success as well.
A Typical Day Might Include
• Writing a creative brief based on data and insights from partner teams and tools.
• Working with internal and external stakeholders to source, direct and produce compelling imagery, video and textual assets.
• Conceptualising and driving innovation projects that can enable more data-driven creative decision making.
• Effectively project managing multiple title launches to ensure timely and accurate development, production and delivery of creative assets.
• Leading onboarding meetings with studio reps, talent and agency partners to introduce Netflix product and creative.
• Proactively learning about latest product innovation efforts and updating cross-functional partners on the latest product features, tests, and initiatives.
• Reviewing artwork performance metrics, analyzing winning trends, and determining a path for better creative.
• Exceptional communicator: Native or bilingual proficiency in speaking and writing in English and Japanese. Ability to inspire and influence, and dexterity in presenting to large/ diverse audiences.
• Strong familiarity with Japanese business, media and entertainment landscape.
• Strategic thinker with creative flare and project management skills: 10 years crafting world class creative strategy, spearheading creative direction and execution.
• Innately curious, thrives on gleaning insights from data, and able to identify creative opportunities in content and translate these into sharp, insight-driven and compelling creative briefs.
• Leading without authority. A veteran in building strong relationships with trust and demonstrating effective leadership qualities.
• Solid experience in working with creative agencies (creatives, designers, producers) and the ability to provide concise, clear, and actionable creative feedback/ direction.
• Proactive, fast, and flexible problem-solver with superb time, resource, and stakeholder management.
• Ability to interact meaningfully with people of diverse backgrounds, personalities and expertise (e.g. product engineer in Silicon Valley & creative executive in Hollywood).
• Passion and curiosity towards building great product experiences for everyone.
• Self-motivated leader and strong collaborator/ team player - with the ability to maintain calm, make good decisions and work with constant ambiguity.
• Comfortably keeping up to date with the zeitgeist in international affairs, entertainment, culture, tech and business innovations around the world.
• Familiarity with and passion for Japanese live action content. Experience working in the entertainment space is a plus.
• Understand, advocate, and embody the Netflix culture and team goals.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees.
Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.