Post Production Lead, Unscripted
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix Unscripted is an award winning team launching new titles every week to add to favourites such as Love is Blind, Queer Eye, Selling Sunset, Bling Empire, Sparking Joy and Floor is Lava.
Leading a team of other Post Managers and Coordinators, this role will drive strategic vision, communication, alignment and team development, as well as being the Senior Post advisor to Post Management and all other internal teams within the Unscripted Vertical. You will work closely alongside other Directors and leads within the Nonfiction org and other global content teams to strengthen overall Netflix studio alignment. This role will also involve some management at show level, with a small slate of projects and healthy oversight into the slates of others to help identify trends, opportunities and issues, both internally and externally.
This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires a confident and strategic communicator, a dedicated team player, a proactive and positive thinker, and someone able to exercise good judgment and initiative. This role involves being both assertive and diplomatic in leading a team that is dynamic and diverse and remaining strongly aligned to our Netflix values and strategy bets. A solid and extensive background in Unscripted post production and Leadership is required, as is someone who is able to take the ambition of the team to the highest level.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead, motivate and develop a team of other Managers and Coordinators in a high volume, fast paced environment
• Ability to communicate directly and strategically between multiple parties - understanding the timely and important issues and knowledge to be sharing across the business as needed
• Offer Senior Post Management expertise for Creative, Production and Post teams in the Unscripted team
• A genuine passion to embed at show level, managing a small slate of shows and offering support capacity to others
• Commitment towards scaling and continuously improving the Netflix studio beyond the success of individual shows. Treating root causes, not symptoms, identifying areas to collaborate more strongly, and aligning on tools, systems and processes within the larger Netflix studio.
• Oversee and ensure a balanced workload amongst the team
• Deep diving into Unscripted specific projects to help elevate the Unscripted post team - whether this be analysing patterns around partner behaviour, spends, workflows or schedules - or initiating conversations with technology partners and opening debates around how to adopt new technologies into our shows.
Post Budgeting and show set up - either as a Manager or overseeing others:
• Review creative briefs along with Creative team and relate notes on post production requirements - setting partners up for the best success delivering into Netflix, achieving the best creative outcome and flagging any potential issues
• Review, prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to ensure best practice workflows
• Track and manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Attend start up production meetings and lead Post kick offs
• Work with Production Partners to ensure a smooth, partner friendly experience working with Netflix
Post Scheduling - either as a Manager or overseeing others:
• Create/Help inform post schedule and scenarios for best possible outcome
• Collaborate with internal teams and external production team to ensure best possible launch schedules
• Proactively manage, troubleshoot and communicate all changes and issues as needed
• Lead or assist with search and recommendations of key post staff on titles - curate list of top Post talent in the Unscripted space and help maintain relationships
• Determine key post vendors in the Unscripted space and help maintain relationships
• Experience leading teams within a demanding and cutting edge Post Production environment
• 10 Years as an experienced Post Production Executive on a freelance or staff basis having worked with medium and high budget studio, major production company and network projects.
• Well versed in Unscripted/ multi cam projects and workflows
• Knowledge of talent and vendors within the Unscripted space within LA/ USA
• Assertive and confident communication style, able to build trusted relationships at all levels of seniority both internally and with external partners
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for 4k, Dolby Vision and Atmos
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting and with an emphasis on seeking opportunities for team development
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Passion to continue learning on all aspects of post production to consistently stay educated on latest technologies and workflows