Post Production Engineer
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As Netflix continues to produce amazing content worldwide, we focus on creating the best services, facilities, and experiences for our filmmakers. The Netflix Studio is building in-house Post Production Services for the exclusive use of our shows. Our Post Production Services team is charged with the strategy, implementation, and operational management of our purpose-built facilities, providing bleeding-edge technology, workflows, and services to our filmmakers. We are looking for a passionate and innovative engineer to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding team to optimize the support of our facilities by promoting technical precision, system agility, and overall operational excellence.
In this role, you will be part of a team that provides various post services, including offline editorial, digital cinema screenings, in-progress reviews, and remote collaboration. You will provide technical expertise and engineering support for our productions and internal Netflix stakeholders ensuring our in-house facilities are fully optimized and meet the creative demands of the Netflix Studio. You will collaborate with key technology teams across the Studio and Corporate and participate in shaping the way disruptive, forward-thinking, and interconnected post services operate.
• Provide on-site, real-time technical support for our various space types and use cases, including necessary system modification and configuration to meet the changing requirements of our shows
• Foster and support consistent communication between the client-facing post services team and technical support escalation partners to provide effective diagnoses and concise reporting of chronic issues
• Research and experiment with emerging technologies and recommend future implementation
• Create strategies to enable our operation to scale efficiently without compromising on client experience
• Work alongside Netflix build and infrastructure teams to drive optimization and innovation
• Collaborate with internal partners on commissioning and deploying new facilities
• Develop organizational systems to manage inventory, maintenance, and repairs
• Develop a comprehensive knowledgebase system to maintain technical documentation, runbooks, and SOPs
• Establish a cross-functional issue-tracking systems and workflows for resolution
• Conduct training sessions with technical peers to enhance troubleshooting skills throughout the team
• You are solution-oriented with a tenacious, optimistic, and positive approach to problem-solving.
• You lean on curiosity, research, and productive collaboration in the face of obstacles.
• You see challenges as opportunities for learning.
• You are prompt and responsive with a level-headed sense of urgency.
• You have worked with high-level talent in high-stakes situations; you understand their goals and expectations, can predict their needs, and are driven by empathy and passion for supporting the creative process.
• You make an active ongoing effort to use open, clear, and effective communication to strengthen your understanding of others and build strong relationships.
• You are proactive in building trust and keep partners and stakeholders engaged and informed.
• You are concise and articulate in speech and writing, with a strong ability to explain complex technologies, workflows, challenges, and ideas in simple ways.
• You possess strong organizational skills and great attention to detail.
• You are passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.
• Have held Post Engineer, System Engineer, or similar roles with proven growth and development while working in facility engineering and/or technology roles within Post Production studio or vendor facility.
• Extensive knowledge of content creation and post-production workflows.
• Proven track record of innovation, initiative, creativity, and implementation.
• Deep understanding of and ability to analyze and troubleshoot IP networking and storage technologies. Experience in the cloud environment is a plus.
• Experience with Video and Audio over IP protocols and standards.
• Experience with Video, Audio, and KVM routing systems.
• Proficiency with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
• Familiarity with Avid Media Composer, Pro Tools, DaVinci Resolve, and Colorfront Transkoder, and a proven ability to troubleshoot their associated systems and rigs. Experience with Digital Cinema technology and theatrical gear.
• Experience with Crestron and Q-Sys control systems is a plus.
• Understanding of professional audio/video signaling formats and concepts, a color Science background is a plus.