Post Facility Integration Specialist - APAC
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. The Post Production Partnerships & Integrations team (PPI) operates within the larger Worldwide Post organization and is responsible for bridging the gap between the post production industry and the internal needs of the larger Worldwide Post organization. The PPI team is comprised of a mix of Program Managers, Specialists, and Engagement Managers. Together, the team builds and supports deep, symbiotic partnerships with post, dubbing and QC facilities throughout the world.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 120 million streaming members globally. Netflix Original Content has transformed the business from a distributor into a creator. Seeking deep alignment with post production facilities, PPI offers training, testing, and guidance to the broader post production industry. Join the local Singapore team that helps our partners overcome technical challenges across the Asia-Pacific region!
The ideal candidate will have passion for technical problem solving, deep knowledge of the post industry in Asia, and demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity. A successful candidate will ensure that all facilities throughout the region are well versed and well equipped to work on Netflix Originals. When technology or standards advance, you are out in the field, working with facilities to help them understand our new workflows and requirements. A passion for helping people coupled with a love of problem solving describes you perfectly. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is proactive and welcomes the responsibility of ensuring vendors in region are highly effective partners of Netflix.
In this role you will:
• Evaluate Post, Dubbing, and Master QC facilities on a variety of areas including security, technical infrastructure, mastery of Netflix specifications and post production workflows
• Onboard and train facilities on Netflix applications and workflows including Backlot, Content Hub, Amazon Snowball, and the utilization of Netflix Help Centers
• Provide helpful, collaborative support as a resource to our partners while juggling priorities among many facilities
• Build and leverage strong relationships with the local Netflix team in Singapore, including Post Managers and Vendor Engagement Managers
• Participate in industry events, advocating for Netflix workflows and Standards
• Develop content for our public facing Partner Help Center in an effort to allow partners to self diagnose and repair problematic assets on their own
• Master the internal Netflix supply chain to understand the appropriate team to escalate an issue that is out of your scope, from Master QC to Encoding to International Dubbing
• Make sound, independent decisions, and manage your time thoughtfully, balancing the need for issue resolution with empathy
• Advocate, understand, communicate, and exemplify the company's values
Do you have what it takes?
• Minimum of 5 years experience working in a technical or supervisory role at a Post Production or Dubbing facility
• Firm understanding and knowledge of post production workflows such as language, dubbing, QC, IMF packaging, DI, archive, and creative post services
• Familiarity with Dolby Vision, 4K, and IMF
• Working knowledge of Master audio formats and specifications including Dolby Atmos
• Knowledge of security and network infrastructure commonly utilized in Post Production facilities
• Extensive experience training others while showing generosity, and respect, and being held accountable for their success
• Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required
• Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow
• Attention to detail; organization, problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills
• Regular and active travel is expected to vendors in territory as well as participation and speaking engagements in local in-region industry events
• Able to communicate effectively in English