Picture Specialist, Post Services
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/6/2023 8:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Picture Specialist, Post Services jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Picture Specialist, Post Services postings
Full Time Job
As Netflix continues to produce amazing content worldwide, we focus on creating the best services, facilities, and experiences for our filmmakers. The Netflix Studio is building in-house Post Production Services for the exclusive use of our shows. The Post Production Services team is charged with the strategy, implementation, and operational management of our purpose-built facilities, providing bleeding-edge technology, workflows, and services to our filmmakers. The team is committed to providing an unmatched experience: cultivating a creative environment, fostering filmmaker joy, and preserving artistic intent throughout the review and exhibition pipelines.
The Picture Specialist serves as the Post Services team's expert on all imagining-related functions and focuses on establishing operational best practices and workflows to ensure the highest picture quality is maintained throughout our global facilities. This role will have a unique primary focus on critical screenings and reviews taking place in Netflix's in-house facilities around the world while providing exceptional service to Netflix's Content Creative teams and the filmmakers working on our original shows.
The ideal candidate is an expert in post-production color and imaging reviews and infrastructures and can own the operational application of the primary aspects of the field, including color science, technology, art, and technique. We are looking for a self-starting strategic thinker who can lead projects and initiatives and engage multiple stakeholders across the studio and industry. This is a unique opportunity to evolve our operations by innovating to optimize our services and remain on the cutting edge of the industry.
As Part of the Post Services Team, You Will…
• Facilitate and operate creative and technical (critical) reviews, including grade reviews, HDR reviews, remote collaboration coloring sessions, VFX reviews, and evolve the services and use cases we offer over time as our business, studio, and technologies evolve.
• Provide excellent client and talent support, including directors, DPs, showrunners, etc, in Netflix-owned facilities.
• Lead projects and initiatives designed to innovate, enhance, and optimize color and imaging-related services
• Create strategies and promote operationally driven solutions across multiple use cases, benefiting cross-functional teams and internal efficiencies
• Oversee, support, and operate Netflix's critical review rooms in Los Angeles
• Oversee and support (mostly remotely with some travel) Netflix's Critical Review Rooms in Brazil, Mexico, Mumbai, Seoul, Tokyo, etc.
• Provide operator-level training to peers and partner teams when needed.
• Ensure accurate calibration workflows are performed routinely, achieving continuous confidence and trust in viewing experiences
• Partner closely with stakeholders in the Studio, including Post Production, VFX, and Content Executives, building strong trust with key stakeholders and developing a deeply rooted understanding of their needs, expectations, and priorities.
• Collaborate with various engineering, color science, and workflow team to ensure alignment around global imaging review workflows and standards, while also working closely to execute each review according to its needs and specification.
• Bring online and deploy new Post Sevices facilities.
• Explore, test, and vet new technological solutions based on the operational needs of the team, the creatives, and Netflix productions and recommend implementations.
• You are experienced in the field of picture and online post-production and understand current motion picture best practices and tools.
• You have critical eyes with the ability to assess the quality of a screening asset and environment, diagnose issues, and troubleshoot in real-time.
• You have interacted with a variety of filmmakers and provided excellent service and support to facilitate a creative process. You understand their goals and expectations and can navigate with calm and clarity under pressure.
• You're comfortable interacting with post-production, mastering, and DI professionals
• Must be a team player. You are committed to teamwork and strive to cultivate collaborative relationships with your colleagues.
• You are accustomed to working in a business environment and are able to effectively articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences in speech and in writing.
• You are highly organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and solution-oriented.
• Comfortable working across time zones under a flexible schedule that enables collaboration with remote teams and a global stakeholder base.
• You value working in a diverse and international environment and are excited by the opportunity to partner with people whose backgrounds and perspectives may differ from yours.
• Prior experience working in fast-paced post-production, production, or studio environment in a client-facing, imaging-centered role.
• Some past experience in a VFX environment is preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in working with specialized post-production software and tools, including ColorFront Transkoder, Da Vinci Resolve. Shotgrid RV is a plus.
• Understanding of display standards, color gamuts, gamma, ACES, color transforms and other creative imaging concepts.
• Proven experience working with IMF, HDR, and Dolby Vision.
• Experience working with synchronous and asynchronous review collaboration and streaming solutions.
• Familiarity with audio, video, and data communications protocols.
• Experience with display calibration, performing perceptual color calibrations between reference displays and LG OLEDs using CalMAN
• Familiarity with Shotgun, Avid Media Composer, Clipster, Baselight is a plus.
• Fluent or business proficiency in English.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $58,000 - $230,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.