Photo Campaign Specialist - Unscripted / Standup
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/2/2022 2:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Photo Campaign Specialist - Unscripted / Standup jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Photo Campaign Specialist - Unscripted / Standup postings
Full Time Job
Are you an avid fan of all things television, especially reality and stand up comedy? Do you love The Ultimatum and Is it Cake as much as you love Ali Wong, Wanda Sykes, and Bo Burnham? Are you unapologetically guilty of watching reality television, flipping through your favorite entertainment magazine or scrolling through social channels captivated by the photos? Can you combine creative brilliance with expert project management?
We are seeking an individual to lead impactful photography campaigns for our Unscripted and Standup programming, driven by creative materials - unit photography, editorial and event photography. The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive, innovative personality and a strong project management background. The Netflix Photo Studio specializes in capturing impactful imagery that shapes, enhances and supports our Global marketing, publicity, and product campaigns for our Netflix Original content including series, films, and documentaries.
Spearheading the photography capture on set during productions of Netflix Original Unscripted Series and Comedy Specials, this role utilizes knowledge of television production and photography. A successful candidate is someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. They have a strong roster and relationships with unit, entertainment, editorial, and event photographers across the country. They must have a strong project management background and are able to strategically plan and execute across multiple projects simultaneously. This candidate must be extremely well organized, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously across multiple teams. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their colleagues to do the same.
This role will work cross-functionally with the Netflix publicity, marketing, product, and social teams, as well as show production, talent reps, and external photographers and producers throughout the lifecycle of a campaign. A strong knowledge of IATSE 600 rules and regulations is preferred.
This job is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Photography Manager - Series.
of the role include:
• Develop and execute a photography strategy, per project/title, to capture, produce and utilize impactful visual assets to enhance and support the publicity, social, and marketing campaign throughout its lifecycle
• Hire and oversee unit photographers, including schedule review and drive communication with production
• Curate a final set of photography to be used for the overall title campaign
• Oversee a slate of projects that includes unscripted series and stand up comedy specials
• Drive communication with lead campaign publicist, marketing/social teams, showrunners/filmmakers and talent reps
• Produce editorial photography with Netflix talent on certain campaigns
• Assist with the asset management and servicing of photographic material
• Produce gallery and marketing still photoshoots
• Oversee retouching of unit photography.
• Manage talent approvals onunit photography when needed
• Oversee photography needs for premieres and events.
• Manage budgets, open internal POs and negotiate rates with third-party vendors.
• 5 years experience at a network, studio, or editorial outlet
• Strong roster of unit, entertainment, and editorial photographers
• Strategic thought-partner and strong team player
• Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
• Strong eye for producing impactful photo assets
• Experience working with international markets is preferred
• Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
• Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
• Must possess solid organizational, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
• Understand and interest in Federal copyright laws, usage licenses and embargoes
• Understand the photography industry
• Strong knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Pro is preferred
• Versed in Union, SAG, and DGA rules and regulations preferred