Originals Publicity Director - Europe
Full Time Job
Do you live and breathe entertainment?
Are you a European publicity expert with both international & local creative campaign experience?
Do you enjoy managing a large group of people and can you maintain a high-level business focus to inform your team's work?
If so, we may have just the opportunity for you:
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 125 million streaming members across the globe. With our continued international expansion and expanding slate of original content, it's a great time to join the Netflix team.
The Originals Publicity Director of Europe will work as part of the EMEA Originals Publicity team, specifically managing our local European country teams. As such, they will spend time in both our Amsterdam & London offices.
The position requires considerable leadership skills. In addition to partnering with cross-functional leaders across the European business, the successful candidate will specifically focus on providing context & guidance to other senior European publicity leaders around broad topics such as hiring, prioritisation, pan-regional strategy, cross-functional dynamics & crisis management. They will apply high-level business context to enable their leaders to make sound decisions independently.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and understand the market. They are unafraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted. They will proactively identify & implement better approaches; even if that involves a tough decision. If a new approach is controversial, they inherently understand which key stakeholders to consult & are unafraid to move forward without agonizing, clearly articulating their reasoning with candor. They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels and they thrive in an environment void of bureaucracy and layers.
The day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to day to day management of the European publicity leadership team (covering the UK, France, Italy, Germany, CEE, Spain & Northern Europe), partnering with other cross-functional leaders across the business to formulate & implement business strategy, implementing global business messaging across the team's work, guiding (and sometimes directly handling) high-level conversations with global showrunners / producers with regard to our holistic European press strategy, hiring & structuring the publicity team across Europe.
The role will report into the VP of Originals Publicity, EMEA.
The successful candidate for the Originals Publicity Director of Europe - will likely:
• Have 12-20 years of experience in an entertainment PR setting - either agency side or in house (preferably both), and a familiarity with the European territory and awards space
• Be a proven manager of people
• Possess a keen understanding of new and traditional media.
• Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business and technology challenges.
• Be a clear and concise communicator
• Have excellent media relationships, experience managing multiple agencies across the region and the ability to deal effectively with talent, talent reps and showrunners / producers
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• The ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
• Succinct Communicator. Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately.
• Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
• Has a Point of View. An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Pace moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once.
• Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short time frames.
• Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
• An Adult. Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.