Nas Pipeline Coordinator
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios (NAS) where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation - and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
The NAS Pipeline Coordinator will support the Pipeline Technical Director team across a variety of duties including but not limited to tracking support requests, organizing priorities, documenting department strategic bets and initiatives, facilitating team-wide communication, coordinating meetings, maintaining meeting agendas, communicating progress updates, documenting team guidelines, and supporting internal educational initiatives. The primary focus of this role will be to work closely with both the NAS Pipeline Supervisor and Creative & Production Solutions (CAPS) Production Manager to help promote alignment across productions and departments.
A successful candidate is self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail. This is a position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. As importantly, their day to day approach should be guided by and in alignment with Netflix culture.
What You'll Do:
• Organize various meetings, maintain agendas, capture notes, and socialize decisions and next steps to attendees and the wider NAS teams
• Leverage project management software (Jira) to track the status of ongoing development priorities and show support
• Coordinate regular project planning, working group, and retrospective meetings for pipeline development initiatives
• Work closely with the Pipeline Supervisor and CAPS Production Manager to manage TD resource staffing and assignments
• Facilitate internal and external communication and effective collaboration
• Organize and maintain team documentation
• Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open-mindedness
What You'll Need:
• 5 years of technical project management experience, animation production technology a plus
• Knowledge of CG Animation production pipeline and artist workflow; 2D knowledge a plus
• High level of comfort working with project management software such as Jira, Zendesk, Shotgun, or similar
• Familiarity with software development methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban
• High level of comfort digesting and processing technical information
• Familiarity with Maya, Flix, Storyboard Pro, Zbrush, Photoshop a plus
• Knowledge of Real-Time and/or Virtual Production pipelines a plus
• Proven ability to organize and present complex data to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Highly organized, efficient, and detail oriented
• Self-motivated proactive team member with the capacity to work independently
• Excellent communications skills and comfortable speaking to different groups
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace
• Excellent verbal, written, and e-social communication skills
• Degree in Computer Science or similar field a plus
• Scrum master certification a plus