N-Tech Support Director
NetflixMexico City, MX
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. As Netflix continues to develop unique original content and build the world's most technology-driven studio, our Netflix Technology Services team has the mission of optimizing the productivity of Netflix employees using technology. Our goal is to provide exceptional technology support to our diverse and globally distributed workforce. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for a versatile and experienced technology leader to join our global support team in Mexico City.
As a part of a global support team, you'll be managing teams of IT professionals that provide frontline support to our global Netflix employees. The teams ensure an exceptional experience for our users by providing remote or on-location support to critical employee technologies. This includes a variety of hardware and software. Your top priorities will be leading the operational effectiveness of a frontline team and a technical escalation team, developing ongoing strategy and scalability, business to business relationships, and analyzing trends and the impact of these issues with the ultimate goal of driving improvements to Netflix technologies and overall user experience.
This team will be working on-site to support a globally dispersed employee base in a remote capacity.
What you will be doing:
• You understand the trends and demands of the various work streams and prepare your team to handle changes in work based on these demands.
• You will partner with key business stakeholders to define success metrics for various projects and technologies, and further business goals to provide consistently high levels of technology services.
• You will be responsible for intaking new operations and supporting work based on the demands of the business.
• You will be responsible for coming up with data-driven solutions supported by quantifying return on investment on projects and working with strategic planning groups that support this effort.
• You will act as a regional partner and advocate to articulate the needs of your team, the local employees, partner teams, as well as global counterpars.
• You will need to demonstrate an ability to gain a broad knowledge of both corporate and studio workstreams to support your team and work with partner teams effectively.
• You will contribute to our overall working environment and culture, where expressing your thoughts and sharing your feedback is a part of your every day.
• You will contribute to a growing, diverse and inclusive culture by promoting an open-minded and supportive environment.
• You will be focused on assuring a high level of support is maintained for our users and continuously look for improvements to the support experience.
• You will participate in bug triage and prioritization, user-facing outage management, and escalation of issues to our technical escalation support group.
• You will collaborate with your colleagues in a global setting, partnering with our other offices to share ideas and feedback to ensure our operational alignment, support, documentation, and research is of the highest caliber.
• You will work with key stakeholders from various departments maintaining alignment and effectively partnering towards common goals and initiatives.
• You will seek to expose user friction and reliability concerns within the products and processes that also drive pain for our employees.
• You will develop and execute strategic and operational initiatives, develop analytical models, and present information to teams, partners, and executives.
• You will be supporting the employee base using both English and Spanish languages, in verbal and written communication.
• Experience managing a team of IT support staff working on various projects and tasks
• Experience working with workforce management software (e.g., Tymeshift)
• IT Desktop Support/System Administration with a focus on the customer-facing experience
• Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO, including Google Apps for the Enterprise (Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, and Groups)
• In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Chrome OS, Windows 7, 8 & 10, Linux, and various applications including Office and Adobe suites
• Knowledge of best practices around data security
• Experience supporting mobile devices including Android and iOS devices
• Experience troubleshooting conference room technology including Google Hangouts, Google Meet, Chromebox for Meetings, and Crestron devices
• Experience with supporting people remotely via remote desktop solutions (LogMeIn Rescue, Teamviewer)
• Experience delivering group and one-on-one training (assuming frontline would own training until automation/programs get operationalized)
• You have experience working with software support tools such as Zendesk, JIRA, and Confluence or similar products
• You have the ability to analyze and document trends in our support and data to assess the priority and impact of issues
• You are always on the lookout for opportunities to improve our operations, user experiences, and deliver cohesive ideas around innovative support strategies and application design considerations
• Audio/Video technology support experience for conference rooms