Music Clearance & Licensing Associate
This was removed by the employer on 2/17/2021 5:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Music Clearance & Licensing Associate jobs in London-UK
Search all Music Clearance & Licensing Associate postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Music Clearance & Licensing Associate? Music Clearance & Licensing Associate - UK & EMEA
Our growing global Music Business & Legal Affairs Group is looking for a Music Clearance & Licensing Associate for the UK & EMEA, someone who shares our passion for music, the entertainment industry and great content. Someone who seeks out and thrives in an environment where freedom and responsibility are a tenet, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates. A stunning selfless colleague for whom no task is too small or insurmountable.
The Music Business & Legal Affairs Group is responsible for all of Netflix's global music business affairs, legal affairs and strategy, from the production and licensing of original content through to the distribution of the Netflix service globally. This role is based in our London office and reports to the Director, Music Legal & Business Affairs in London.
As a Music Clearance & Licensing Associate your vast experience means that you know exactly what it takes to use music in a production, you understand the significance of master use and synchronisation licenses. You have an expert eye for detail and your organisational skills are unparalleled, there is no contract detail too small or insignificant. You are not intimidated by a high volume of clearances and can work at pace with a high level of precision and professionalism.
Beyond the tactics you also understand the importance of relationships and communication. You understand the dynamics between creatives, directors, executive producers, line producers, producers, finance, production, post production, credits, labor, marketing, publicity, content localisation, business affairs and legal affairs and know when and how to engage and align the appropriate teams when a music clearance or licensing issue calls.
include: onboarding and overseeing music supervisors and music clearance personnel working across our films, series and documentaries, serving as Netflix's point of contact for clearance and licensing matters, tracking, administering and processing music licenses and other music agreements from signature through payment. The role will include drafting and issuing license agreements upon request from a licensor and then reviewing incoming licenses to make sure they conform to previously negotiated licensing templates and redlining and correcting any errors. You will administer music clearances for films, series and documentaries from start to finish, including identifying music and lyrics requiring clearance, researching rights holders, preparing, reviewing and securing quotes from labels, publishers and music libraries and tracking rights to ensure consistency across Netflix's productions.
The ideal candidate will have: expertise in the music licensing market for series or film production in the UK and other key series/film production hubs throughout EMEA; a thorough understanding of the music nuances in producing for local markets vs producing for global distribution; and immersive, hands-on experience in independently negotiating commercial terms, legal issues and drafting music license agreements for series/film production in those markets.
You think creatively, have impeccable judgment, are comfortable with exploring new transaction models, and flexible in pivoting within a strategy when needed. You may produce locally but you think globally. This is an opportunity to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
• 5 years of music industry experience in the music department at a major production company, film/television studio, television network, publisher, record label, or law firm.
• Experience providing in-house support in a film or television production company, studio or network is highly preferred.
• Highly inclusive and collaborative, with clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal).
• Exceptional organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment, even when the rules are unclear.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
• Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-orientated.
• Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed, including matters outside of your area of expertise.
• Fluency in other languages is highly preferred.
• Willingness and enthusiasm to travel throughout Europe and to the U.S. based on the needs of the business.
• Tech-savvy, with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.