Mobility and Employment Tax Manager
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/27/2020 1:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Mobility and Employment Tax Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Mobility and Employment Tax Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Mobility and Employment Tax Manager? Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 183 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Mobility and Employment Tax Manager will be part of our growing global tax team, guiding the company and our employees through the complex web of international individual income and employment tax laws. We are not only looking for someone highly knowledgeable in tax technical matters, but who can really empathize with employees and communicate complex tax matters in a simple and effective manner. The role will be based in Los Angeles, and will report to the Director of Mobility and Employment tax.
• Partner cross-functionally to educate stakeholders and employees on the mobility and employment tax impacts of temporary or permanent employee relocations, as well as business travelers. You will have a particular focus in the USA, Canada, LATAM and APAC.
• Develop a close partnership with the Talent Mobility Team, who manage all things immigration and relocation.
• Coordinate and guide finance and payroll teams regarding the complex operational impacts of compensation reporting and taxation for mobile employees.
• Maintain close working relationships with our global stock team, helping to manage the complex web of tax compliance matters for mobile employees who hold stock options.
• Learn and adapt quickly as Netflix starts operations in new countries, proactively guiding stakeholders and employees on new mobility and employment tax considerations.
• Help build out our employee resource library relating to mobility tax matters, to enhance employee experience and understanding.
• Manage, guide, and assist our external mobility tax services provider to ensure they create maximum impact for Netflix and our employees.
• Work with recruiters, HR business partners, Tax, as well as the Talent Mobility team as we continuously review and design our approach to all areas of employee mobility.
• Support with domestic employment tax matters that arise in our global locations, including compensation and benefit taxation, employment tax audits etc.
• Tax is focused on simplicity and efficiency. While remaining compliant within each country's regulations, you will seek creative solutions that balance risk with optimal outcomes for the business and our employees.
To be successful:
• You will bring 10 years of mobility tax and employee communication experience to the role. You are very comfortable working in areas of ambiguity and demonstrate excellent judgement in a fast paced environment.
• You have strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to build and grow relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
• You aren't interested in simply doing what's been done before. You are curious, strategic, and you want to add your own perspective on how we do things to make us even better.
• You are experienced in partnering effectively with the broad range of stakeholders who are impacted by employee mobility including talent mobility, talent acquisition, corporate tax, employment legal, stock admin, and payroll. You can help connect the dots and raise flags as they arise.
• You can analyze and understand complex technical rules, while being able to translate these into practical guidance that is clear and concise to a non-tax person.
• You have a deep understanding of cross-border tax considerations, including tax residency concepts/impacts, Tax Equalization for assignments, complexities around different types of compensation e.g. stock options, relocation benefits etc.
• You are an expert in individual income and employment tax laws in the US at both Federal and State levels, and experience navigating equivalent rules in APAC and LATAM.
• You have experience navigating the complex tax rules that apply to business travelers, and implementing new approaches to help mitigate risks.
• While you might not be an expert in the tax laws of all countries, you are someone who learns quickly and is highly resourceful at seeking out the information that you need to be effective.
• You have a passion for working across markets with a culturally diverse talent set.
• CPA, Bachelors, Masters, or other professional designation in Accounting. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.