Mobility and Employment Tax Manager
Full Time Job
The Mobility and Employment Tax Manager will be part of our global tax team, guiding the company and our employees through the complex web of international individual income and employment tax laws. We are not only looking for someone highly knowledgeable in tax technical matters, but who can really empathize with employees and communicate complex tax matters in a simple and effective manner. The role will be based in Amsterdam, our EMEA headquarters.
• Partner cross-functionally to educate stakeholders and employees on the mobility and employment tax impacts of temporary or permanent employee relocations. You will have a particular focus in EMEA, but will also work globally as we grow.
• Develop a close partnership with the Talent Mobility Team, who manage all things immigration and relocation.
• Coordinate and guide finance and payroll teams regarding the complex operational impacts of compensation reporting and taxation for mobile employees.
• Maintain close working relationships with our global stock team, helping to manage the complex web of tax compliance matters for mobile employees who hold stock options.
• Learn and adapt quickly as Netflix starts operations in new countries, proactively guiding stakeholders and employees on new mobility and employment tax considerations.
• Help build out our employee resource library relating to mobility tax matters, to enhance employee experience and understanding.
• Manage, guide, and assist our external mobility tax services provider.
• Work with recruiters, HR business partners, Tax, as well as the Talent Mobility team as we continuously review and design our approach to all areas of employee mobility.
• Support with domestic employment tax matters that arise in our global locations, including compensation and benefit taxation, employment tax audits etc.
• Tax is focused on simplicity and efficiency. While remaining compliant within each country's regulations, you will seek creative solutions that balance risk with optimal outcomes for the business and our employees.
To be successful:
• You will bring 8 years of mobility tax and employee communication experience to the role. You are very comfortable working in areas of ambiguity and demonstrate excellent judgement in a fast paced environment.
• You have strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to build and grow relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
• You aren't interested in simply doing what's been done before. You are curious, strategic, and you want to add your own perspective on how we do things to make us even better.
• You are experienced in partnering effectively with the broad range of stakeholders who are impacted by employee mobility including talent mobility, talent acquisition, corporate tax, employment legal, stock admin, and payroll. You can help connect the dots and raise flags as they arise.
• You can analyze and understand complex technical rules, while being able to translate these into practical guidance that is clear and concise to a non-tax person.
• You have a deep understanding of cross-border tax considerations, including tax residency concepts/impacts, Tax Equalization for assignments, complexities around different types of compensation e.g. stock options, relocation benefits etc.
• You have a robust understanding of individual income and employment tax principles across EU countries that are critical to employee mobility, including experience with Amsterdam (e.g. 30% ruling) , Spain (e.g. Special Tax Regime), UK, France, and Germany. Experience with APAC countries, including Singapore, is also a plus.
• You have experience working with US and California outbound and inbound individual income tax rules.
• While you might not be an expert in the tax laws of all countries, you are someone who learns quickly and is highly resourceful at seeking out the information that you need to be effective.
• You have a passion for working across markets with a culturally diverse talent set.
• Bachelors, Masters, or other professional designation in Accounting is preferable.
It's an exciting time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. We are revolutionizing the way people watch their favorite shows & movies, and building our own library of original Netflix content for all to enjoy. Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more.