Marketing Director, External Games
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/27/2023 8:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Marketing Director, External Games jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Marketing Director, External Games postings
Full Time Job
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment. We connect people with movies and television globally by delivering outstanding content and technological innovation.
This is your chance to be at the forefront of Netflix's new video game offering. We will bring these new experiences to market through the world's leading streaming entertainment app with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries who are already enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and now they can download and play mobile games anytime, anywhere with a collection of Netflix curated and produced Games. At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it and this team sits at the forefront of the effort.
We are looking for a talented Product Marketing Director to build our games product marketing function as part of the Netflix Marketing organization. As a member of our team, you'll be integral in our mission to provide vision, and help build Netflix into a top global destination for games.
As product marketing director for games, you will help lead a cross-functional team that includes production, brand, creative, marketing and comms to build and execute marketing campaigns for our external games portfolio. You will be responsible for overseeing the overall external game marketing strategy. You accept the unknown and you're able to come up with groundbreaking initiatives that will take our relationship with members and partners to the next level.
What We Expect
You will partner with the leadership of the Marketing and External Games organizations to build a long-term product roadmap and marketing strategy for the business unit as well as the games, you will establish clear direction and maintain a vision for marketing, brand and content across a portfolio of games and creative products and services. You'll be working closely with creative and product marketing teams to help establish the strategic direction and manage development and execution of the Netflix brand to ensure we deliver a memorable experience globally.
You will provide marketing and brand-centric thinking - partnering with global creative leads, regional marketing partners and external creative agencies on all matters involving Netflix marketing for games.
• Defining the overall marketing strategy for external games including positioning, goals, priority, budget, innovations and the right opportunities for our games.
• Overseeing 60 games at any one time with holistic marketing oversight of the portfolio.
• Owning go to market plans for each game and how this connects into the broader Netflix product marketing.
• Defining roadmaps, deliverables, owners and workback schedules for each event/game and product marketing campaign.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define and drive the short term and long-range vision for the Netflix Games marketing, specifically for external games.
• Create full go to market plans for individual games including overviews, brand bibles (working with brand team) and tool kits.
• Outline goals and narrative for each event from a marketing perspective and help to determine approach for each event in collaboration with Creative Production and Comms.
• Provide onsite support for events to ensure that the beat is achieving the goals we laid out and developers/producers are supported from a marketing perspective.
• Succinctly articulate and write strategies, briefs, memos or any documentation needed to communicate our marketing approach and vision
• Support the comms strategy and help to ensure the goals for marketing and comms are aligned.
• Drive brand strategy discussions and collaborate with the creative team to ensure strategic objectives are met
• Work closely with many internal teams and external partners, including product developers, researchers, marketing personnel and creative agencies to make sure company brand values and image are followed
• Work with all cross-functional teams across Creative Production, Brand, Product, localization, QA, production, game design.
• At least 10 years of experience in game publishing/marketing; ideally having created successful marketing campaigns for multiple games on a variety of platforms and genres with a focus on F2P Live Service mobile.
• Experience working across multiple game marketing functions including community management, social, player support and User acquisition.
• Proven experience as a steward of game marketing from a game portfolio perspective with the ability to support our brand vision, position, architecture and achieve overall business goals for games.
• Successfully worked on multiple games simultaneously at different stages of development, understanding how to position and create large scale reach and satisfaction for those games.
• Experience partnering with product development teams to make insight-informed decisions that impact members
• Able to galvanize and influence teams and partners across departments at all levels
• Used multiple agencies and vendors working in concert to create a cohesive product marketing campaign.
• Able to collaborate with creatives to create a lasting impression among members.
• Have a style that promotes respect, credibility and trust throughout the organization
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $240,000 - $1,000,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.