Manager, Visual Effects
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Visual Effects (NETFX)
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 151 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Producing quality VFX content at scale, efficiently and with less friction is a challenge that requires fresh thinking. NETFX is an in-house visual effects production hub that allows artists and productions to optimize work output on a global scale. This unique division provides streamlined VFX tools and resources to create, connect, and collaborate with productions anywhere in the world. NETFX pairs artist talent from around the world with the broad production slate to increase schedule flexibility and offer competitive market rates.
The successful candidate must have in depth understanding of the VFX and cloud based workflows, collaborative marketplace architecture experience and the ability to manage cross functional teams and projects. They know what it takes to support world class product that services a global network of VFX artists and a wide range of buying teams and content verticals.
This is truly a unique role will partner with cross-functional teams across all of Netflix from studio engineering to creative technologies and infrastructure and pretty much everything in between.
• Partner with studio infrastructure and application managers to connect nascent systems, assess technology needs and ensure KPI's and development milestones are achieved
• Provide cross-functional support to ensure workflow technology functions and deploys properly, artists are sourced and vetted, the platform/artist experience is hassle free and productions continually feed VFX supply into the hub
• Oversee the development of NETFX marketplace platform to proper connectivity on the task, media and title level
• Connect marketplace touchpoints to ensure artist onboarding, identity management, assignment of work, production status tracking and procure to pay process is integrated into a streamlined workflow
• Develop data collection techniques through a fully hosted environment to determine productivity statistics and output by region to help with predictive analytics
• Provide guidance on marketplace UI design to ensure artists, productions and supervision have an optimal user experience
• Help advise on the implementation of marketplace API's to ensure functionality is nimble and can serve a broad set of business needs
• Create artist competency and semi-automated QC/QA technical check processes with VFX workflow managers to vet artist on-boarding and deliverables
• Work with Creative Technologies & Infrastructure to assess the evolution of traditional VFX workflows to increase efficiency and uniformity through cloud infrastructure, integrated software interfaces and dynamic pricing
• Highly technical and effective communicator able to manage complex tasks cross functionally, perform in-depth strategic analysis and provide executive recommendations with thoughtful support
• Deep understanding of creative technologies pipelines and workflows
• Thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Motivated, disciplined, and able to work autonomously
• Skilled in developing technical solutions and creatively applying them in operational problems
• Project management expertise preferably in a studio or production environment
• Familiarity in network/internet infrastructure and management solutions
• Experience with Asana or Jira is a plus
• Up to date on new production technologies, able to adapt them to new trends and incorporating them with minimal guidance
• Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services cloud computing services
• 7 years of technical production, operations, or project management experience in a studio, production or collaborative marketplace environment
• Bachelor's degree with relevant coursework experience