Manager, Virtual Production
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 151 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
As Netflix looks forward into the future of production, virtual production will exist as a core tenant, enabling our unique roster of creatives with breakthrough real-time technologies & dynamic new collaborative workflows.
We are seeking an experienced candidate to join our team as a Manager, Virtual Production. The successful candidate will be calm under pressure, self-motivated, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with an unwavering attention to detail at all times. Experience working in the space of Virtual Production or with complex visual effects challenges is a requirement.
This role of the Virtual Production Manager supports the Virtual Production & VFX team across a variety of duties including but not limited to engaging in partnerships with technology vendors, tracking show progress, scheduling and communication, and supporting various software/workflow initiatives. A successful candidate should be well established in the VFX industry with 3-5 years experience as a production side VFX Producer experienced in & passionate about working with complex visual effects and virtual productions. They must excel at managing multiple projects in a high-speed, high-performance environment.
A successful candidate will be someone who is an impactful, a proactive thinker, is curious about a variety of production and support disciplines, and challenges prevailing assumptions to help us create new and improved workflows. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires an effective communicator who is able to exercise good judgement and demonstrates initiative. Studio experience is a plus. Applicants should be willing to embark in blue sky science, gazing into the future of filmmaking, while determining practical applications that can apply back to Netflix's core production offerings.
- Liaise between vendors, crew, internal teams to improve cross vertical information flow.
- Work directly with creatives, production teams, and content creators to aid in the use of Virtual Production within their specific project needs.
- Partnering with Creative, Production and Finance Executives as well as our VFX Managers during development and pre-production.
- Analyzing scripts, developing Virtual Production breakdowns, budgets, and production planning.
- Developing strong relationships with our Directors, Producers, and becoming a trusted resource for all things Virtual Production.
- Foster the adoption of new practices, frameworks and technology as it applies to Virtual Production within the company.
- Contribute to the company's culture of curiosity and self-disciplined pro-active responsibility as part of the Virtual Production and VFX team along with strong partnership toward Physical Production and Animation.
- 3-5 years of experience as a freelance or studio side Producer in VFX, Virtual Production, Gaming and/or Studio.
- Passionate about the Virtual Production landscape and the future of content creation.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
- Strong organizational skills with a proactive mentality and creative problem-solving abilities.
- A strong understanding of VFX workflow and Virtual Production pipelines.
- Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated proactive team member with the capacity to work independently.
- Capable of working with producers and production managers on implementing production workflows on-time and on-budget.
- Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.