Manager, VFX Quality Assurance
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
As Netflix operations in India continue to grow and expand, we are looking to build out our Visual Effects (VFX) team and capability. We are looking for a passionate and talented VFX Quality Assurance Manager to join our team and support our local projects in India. This Manager will lend support to Netflix productions and internal creative teams by reviewing VFX work for consistency and believability, notating imperfections, and evaluating quality.
The VFX QA Manager will partner closely with our VFX Managers to work with our external production teams including vendor visits to stay ahead of creative challenges that affect delivery schedule while providing technical guidance based on Netflix specifications and best practices, in order to optimize content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency and creative vision.
The successful candidate will have a strong creative eye, an understanding of VFX workflow, and deep technical expertise in reviewing VFX shots. We are looking for candidates with strong technical backgrounds and experience making informed decisions about the most efficient and effective technique to employ to solve the problem at hand. You must excel at managing multiple projects in a high-speed, high-performance environment.
The successful candidate will also be calm under pressure, self-motivated, flexible, able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who can think fast and trust their instincts. A member of our team must be passionate about the Netflix culture and values in the workplace.
• Developing strong relationships with VFX houses and becoming a trusted technical and pipeline resource for all things VFX
• Review submitted shots to ensure the high quality of work is being delivered to meet Netflix standards
• Provide production workflow technical guidance to help navigate mitigate challenges to ensure successful delivery of visual effects
• Oversee VFX vendor assessments and evaluations
• Consult on shot strategy and provide methodologies or templates to enable quicker execution on challenged shots
• Look at bids during post production and make sure they are fairly bid
• 5 years of experience as a VFX Supervisor, CG supervisor, or Senior Compositor
• Have a thorough understanding of how to finish and create seamless shots
• Experience with Nuke, Shotgun, Excel, and Google suite
• Extensive knowledge of VFX Production and pipelines
• Experience with recruitment, training, and supervision of VFX artists
• An understanding of film production and on-set experience will be a bonus
• Must be able to work independently and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and constantly looking for ways to improve what we do
• Excellent listening, writing and presentation skills with attention to detail
• Patience and will to instruct and coach team members. Understanding the limitations of your knowledge and seeking expert advice when appropriate
• Calm, organized and methodical in your approach to the work