Manager, VFX - Original Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We seek a highly experienced Manager, Visual Effects to manage both Internal and third party co-productions across Netflix Original Series. The applicant should be very well established in the VFX industry and should have solid work experience at vendor and/or production level. Key to the position is the ability to help curate vendor and VFX crew relations, review and help budget scripts, creatively assess and comment on work, all while supporting filmmakers and helping to develop the Netflix VFX pipeline.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. The candidate should intuitively understand and appreciate right-sizing budgets and customizing approaches to visual effects in alignment with a specific Title from high-end spectacle to story-serving invisible effects. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific Responsibilities and skill sets should include but not limited to:
• Working with Production teams, Studio Creative Executives, and Finance during development and pre-production. Analyzing scripts, developing VFX breakdowns & budgets and production/post production planning. Providing recommendations and feedback on VFX scope of work and feasibility.
• Building the visual effects teams. Recruiting Supervisors, Producers, Vendors and negotiating with agents. Overseeing contract negotiations and liaising with Legal to maintain thresholds for expenditures and company policies.
• Manage VFX delivery progress and cost report tracking. Working closely with the VFX Producers to anticipate and troubleshoot schedule and budget issues. Ensure production is running smoothly, meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
• Help develop and maintain a weekly reporting system for show VFX Producers to generate a concise weekly snapshot of the budget, schedule and VFX progress. Working with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer, reviewing VFX finals ensuring high quality of work is being delivered.
• Researching and networking with new businesses and up-and-comers. Tracking talent availability.
• Technical understanding of the visual effects process including 4K pipelines as well as emerging technologies for improving workflows.
• Understanding of tax incentives and rebates.
• A love for the creative process!