Manager, VFX - Original Independent Films
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 158 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Manager, VFX role works closely with filmmakers and our studio team, guiding and tracking a project from script and early development to final launch. Our Managers also work cross vertically to find and implement efficiencies in the studio and production pipelines, explore new technologies, and consistently elevate the quality of our productions.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
A member of our team must be passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.
• Partnering with Creative, Production and Finance Executives during development and pre-production. Analyzing scripts, developing VFX breakdowns & budgets and production and post planning.
• Creating context for Netflix and Netflix partners around VFX approach, software and 4K pipelines to promote better planning, estimating and budgeting
• Analyzing scripts, building or reviewing VFX breakdowns and verifying budgets as well as providing recommendations and feedback on VFX scope of work and feasibility
• Working closely with the Post supervisors and vendors to anticipate and troubleshoot schedule and budget issues. Ensuring production is running smoothly, meeting deadlines and staying on budget
• Reviewing VFX concepts, asset and shots on a regular basis to ensure production value
• Building new and maintaining existing relationships with vendors/talent
• Regular reporting for transparency of progress with cross-functional partners
• 5 years of experience as a VFX Producer
• Being a team player is a must
• Strong background on global vendors is strongly encouraged
• Knowledge of 2D/3D pipelines from a vendor perspective
• Repeat experience with bidding, creating breakdowns, and building budgets
• Demonstrated success managing multiple projects simultaneously at different stages of development, production and post-production
• Familiarity with Google Suite and production task tracking software, such as Shotgun and Filemaker x