Manager, VFX, International Originals
Full Time Job
An expanding VFX universe in need of fellow pioneers to help Netflix as we reach for the stars! The growth of Netflix and its ability to attract top tier film makers fuels the need to be certain we remain on track to service both their needs and the needs of our ever growing global viewership of over 150 million and rising. Think big, then keep going!
We seek a highly experienced Manager, Visual Effects to manage both Internal and third party co-productions across Netflix International Original Series in Japan. The applicant should be very well established in the VFX industry and should have solid work experience at vendor and/or production level. Key to the position is the ability to help curate vendor and VFX crew relations, review and help budget scripts while supporting film makers and helping to develop the Netflix VFX pipeline.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific Responsibilities and skill sets should include but not limited to:
• Working with Production teams, Studio Creative Executives, and Finance during development and pre-production. Analyzing scripts, developing VFX breakdowns & budgets and production/post production planning. Providing recommendations and feedback on VFX scope of work and feasibility.
• Building the visual effects teams. Recruiting Supervisors, Producers, Vendors and negotiating with agents. Overseeing contract negotiations and liaising with Legal to maintain thresholds for expenditures and company policies.
• Manage VFX delivery progress and cost report tracking. Working closely with the VFX Producers to anticipate and troubleshoot schedule and budget issues. Ensure production is running smoothly, meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
• Help develop and maintain a weekly reporting system for show VFX Producers to generate a concise weekly snapshot of the budget, schedule and VFX progress.
• Working with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer, reviewing VFX finals ensuring high quality of work is being delivered
• Researching and networking with new businesses and up-and-comers. Tracking talent availability.
• Technical understanding of the visual effects process including 4K pipelines as well as emerging technologies for improving workflows.
• Understanding of tax incentives and rebates. A love for the creative process!
• 5 Years as a Visual FX Producer either freelance or at a Vendor working in Features or Series of high complexities with multiple delivering Vendors
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current visual FX workflows and technologies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
• Fluent in speaking English & Japanese