Manager, VFX - India
Full Time Job
We seek a highly experienced Manager, Visual Effects to manage both Internal and third party co-productions across Netflix originals in India. The applicant should be very well established in the VFX industry and should have solid work experience at vendor and/or production level. Key to the position is the ability to help curate vendor and VFX crew relations, review and help budget scripts while supporting film makers and helping to develop the Netflix VFX pipeline.
This successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific Responsibilities and skill sets should include but not limited to:
• Working with the Netflix Mumbai cross-functional team including and not limited to Creative, Physical Production, Post Production, Finance, Legals Executives as well as Producers and Showrunners across the lifespan of multiple series in different states of pre-production, production and post
• Providing domain expertise around schedule, approach, budget
• Building new and maintaining existing relationships with vendors/talent in region
• Technical understanding of the VFX process including 4K pipelines as well as emerging technologies for improving workflows
• Alignment and advancement of the VFX department workflow internationally in order to promote efficiency and transparency that supports the overall business goals of Netflix
• Building the visual effects teams. Recruiting Supervisors, Producers, Vendors and negotiating with agents. Overseeing contract negotiations and liaising with Legal to maintain thresholds for expenditures and company policies.
• Manage VFX delivery progress and cost report tracking. Working closely with the VFX Producers to anticipate and troubleshoot schedule and budget issues. Ensure production is running smoothly, meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
• Help develop and maintain a weekly reporting system for show VFX Producers to generate a concise weekly snapshot of the budget, schedule and VFX progress.
• Working with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer, reviewing VFX finals ensuring high quality of work is being delivered
• Researching and networking with new businesses and up-and-comers. Tracking talent availability.
• 7-10 years experience in VFX as a Supervisor or Producer
• Demonstrates experience or knowledge of vendors and production in India
• Repeat experience with bidding, breakdowns, overall scope assessment and budgets
• Demonstrated success managing multiple projects at different points of production
• Comfortable in highly volatile and creative environments
• Experience building or using production/budget tracking software and ease with Google Suite
• This role is based inMumbai but will require international travel
An expanding VFX universe in need of fellow pioneers to help Netflix as we reach for the stars! The growth of Netflix and its ability to attract top tier filmmakers fuels the need to be certain we remain on track to service both their needs and the needs of our ever-growing global viewership now at 140 million and rising. Think big, then keep going!