Manager, Us Marketing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, US Marketing (Animation Series)
Marketing's purpose is: To entertain by creating affinity, engagement and loyalty to our brand, titles and talent with the 8 billion inhabitants of the world. For Netflix specifically we have a unique opportunity and challenge to work to build meaning and consumer loyalty for our Animated Series slate across kids and adults.
We are looking to fill an integral role on the UCAN Title Marketing team for a Marketing Manager - ANIMATION SERIES. In this role, you will be a key contributor and strategic leader of our Animation series content slate responsible for the development and launch of 360 degree campaigns and innovative marketing programs.
Who are you?
• You have a proven track record of building impactful, world-class creative campaigns that connect with audiences and break through the cultural zeitgeist. We are not only building campaigns, we are transforming our properties into culturally relevant brands.
• You are a natural team leader with an ability to build strategic foundations, conceptualize campaign approaches and articulate creative ideas that people rally around.
• You are a cross-functional partner who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align early on in terms of overall strategy and goals, and to see the cross-functional collaboration through launch.
• You are an effective team leader and manager in a fast paced, multifaceted environment. Your team will have multiple launch campaigns happening at once.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of marketing innovation, and strive to create impactful and effective visual storytelling across all mediums and platforms.
• You have a passion for a range of Animated content, casual experience with gaming and have deep knowledge of the entertainment landscape and media trends globally.
• You have exposure to working on global campaigns, with reach domestically and internationally. Ideally, you have a global IQ and/or are familiar with working with teams from different regional markets.
• You are a connoisseur of creative marketing (trailers, key art, digital/social media) and have solid experience developing strategic insights to inform 360 creative marketing campaigns.
• You have a deep knowledge of the social media landscape, including a strong understanding not only of their features and technology, but of the new consumer behaviors emerging everyday. Specifically, understanding of how to leverage platforms like YouTube, Tiktok, Discord, Reddit or social gaming experiences like Roblox to reach kids or adult audiences.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of marketing, and strive to create effective visual storytelling across all platforms (mobile, paid and organic social, broadcast, out-of-home and all other mediums/platforms.)
• You have experience creating impactful, out-of-the-box social media strategies that nurture and encourage fandom and leverage the social space in new and unexpected ways.
• You have a good understanding of marketing, social and media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns.
• You appreciate technology and can collaborate with our world class product team to integrate our multi-title campaigns within the member product experience.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are eager to flourish in our unique company culture(see Who We Are).
• Build our upcoming Animation Series launch campaigns -- from strategy development to creative execution through to production, and how to sustain engagement beyond launch windows.
• Leader of creative innovation for the animated audience and the content slate, managing single title campaigns and broader brand efforts where animated titles are featured.
• Key contact amongst all cross functional teams including content, consumer products, regional marketing, publicity, communications, creative marketing production, product, and editorial to optimize across team and ensure goals are being met.
• Maintain close partnership with our consumer products team to ensure cohesive brand development across title campaigns.
• Project management of campaign cross-functional initiatives including (but not limited to) leading, organizing, mobilizing and planning internal task force meetings and brainstorm sessions and external filmmaker kickoffs/presentations.
• Write creative briefs to guide the creative process and align internal marketing teams on goals and overall strategies.
• Provide high level filmmaker / talent management and support across the slate.
• Participate in and/or lead lively debates and discussions as you communicate different facets of the campaign to filmmakers, talent and colleagues across the company.
• Collaborate with our world class product/engineering team to integrate our originals marketing campaigns within the member product experience.
• Demonstrate mastery of verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills, as you will lead meetings and manage workflow with many internal and external stakeholders/partners.
• 7 years of experience in building strategic and creative consumer marketing campaigns, preferably at a streaming network or studio with a background in animated entertainment (TV, film, gaming), global brand or creative/advertising agency.
• A history of managing and leading in a fast paced and relationship focused environment.
• Experience managing a high volume of campaign types in parallel, while collaborating with diverse, geographically-dispersed teams.
• Native understanding of digital advertising (direct video, mobile, paid social, display, rich media, VOD) with strong grasp on Youtube, Tiktok, Discord and how best to leverage the platform for our marketing needs.
• Strong interpersonal, creative, presentation, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, analytical and conflict resolution skills.
• Passion for and experience working with animated content (3D, 2D, Stop Motion, Hybrid, etc) is a must.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $64,000 - $320,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.