Manager, Us Drama Marketing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Us Drama Marketing - Series, Prestige / Horror
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment! With over 200 million streaming members in over 190 countries, our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns.
We're looking for an innovative, self-starter to fill the role of Manager, UCAN Marketing - Drama Series. From When They See Us to Mindhunter, the Netflix Original Series Drama slate spans a spectrum of intimate, powerful stories that resonate with our vast global audience. We're looking for the right person to lead marketing campaigns on this team. In this role, the Manager will lead the development, launch and execution of 360 marketing campaigns that pierce the cultural zeitgeist and drive global conversation about our diverse range of Drama series. This person has a stellar track record of building cutting-edge marketing campaigns and breaking the mold of traditional entertainment marketing.
Our ideal candidate is strategic, solution-oriented and highly passionate about filmmaking, as this person will serve as the strategist and creative lead for original series campaigns.
We highly encourage reading the Who We Are section of the Netflix website and learning about the Netflix Culture to ensure that all candidates feel that Netflix is a good fit.
• Develop and lead innovative, talkable 360 global marketing campaigns, starting from strategy development (audience, creative and social media) through tactical execution (production, community management, etc.,)
• Serve as the Creative lead for print/OOH, trailers/AV/Social, and non-traditional headline grabbing creative.
• Partner with and act as the main point of contact for external and internal creative agencies to bring campaign creative to life.
• Work with and serve as the liaison between internal cross-functional teams (such as Publicity, Product, Paid Media, Integrated Planning, Marketing Operations, etc.), ensuring that all aspects of a campaign are cohesive across all lines of business.
• Build a global IQ and work with global marketing teams to help adapt campaigns for various markets.
• Partner with high profile showrunners to understand their vision for the title, and develop a campaign strategy with key campaign beats.
• Shepherd scope, budget and overall campaign resources from inception to completion.
• 8-10 years of experience in building strategic and creative consumer marketing campaigns, preferably at a streaming network or studio with a background in entertainment (TV, film, gaming), global lifestyle brand (Nike, Coca-Cola, Apple, etc.) or creative/advertising agency.
• A deep knowledge of the entertainment landscape and media trends globally.
• Inherently bold and comfortable with risk taking.
• A proven track record of building impactful, world-class creative campaigns that connect with audiences and break through the cultural zeitgeist. We are not only building campaigns, we are transforming our properties into culturally relevant brands.
• Strong presentation, prioritization and decision making skills.
• An entrepreneurial mindset. This person should be a proactive self-starter, who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and wear multiple hats.
• Passionate and curious about all aspects of Netflix the Netflix business at large.
• A team player, who communicates well with others and seeks to create comradery with fellow colleagues.
• Agile and selfless - being nimble and willing to adapt is essential.
• Passion for Drama is a must.