Manager, Ucan Social - Non Fiction
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Do you say your favorite things to watch are documentaries and actually mean it? Do you still believe Davina can sell the $75m mansion? Do you talk your friend's ears off with the latest murder mystery doc series you've discovered? Read on…
We are looking for a Title Social Manager to join the Netflix Social Team to lead the social campaigns for our Nonfiction slate. The social team at Netflix is at the forefront of conversation with our consumers, building exciting, hilarious, thoughtful social campaigns to build and ignite fandom across the internet.
UCAN Title Social Managers are responsible for the entirety of a social campaign on their assigned titles and slates. They not only understand social marketing and the digital landscape, but also the unique Netflix social ecosystem and finding the most effective way to translate our title strategies across that ecosystem. They must work well cross-functionally to align social strategy to larger marketing strategies and communicate specific social goals effectively to all partners and creators. Their goal is to make titles breakthrough on social, to generate interest and ultimately conversation - delivering the full suite of content to support a title across the totality of the planned social ecosystem for the entire duration of a title campaign.
We are seeking a highly driven, self-motivated person who truly loves Docs and Unscripted films and series. You are an excellent communicator, strategist and creative. You are always learning and testing new ideas. You are comfortable scrutinizing your own ideas, and you are always the first to ask ''how could this have been better?'' This job will require you to juggle many different kinds of short- and long-term tasks including coordinating with different parts of the company, producing and giving notes on video creative, copywriting, defining high-level strategy for titles, and much more - and nimbly move through all these responsibilities with ease. Above all, you have impeccable taste, great ideas, and the passion, energy, and creative ambition to see it all through.
• Responsible for a title's social strategy, aligned with the overall marketing campaign strategy. This is inclusive of the target audience, social creative, content distribution across the Netflix social ecosystem and, if necessary, the creation of title social pages.
• Manage the launch of key marketing assets across social.
• In addition to single titles, assigned to larger, slate-level marketing initiatives and multi-title Nonfiction campaigns to lead social strategy and execution in partnership with key internal stakeholders.
• Use internal and external social analytics and other internal data to inform strategy, iterate creative, and constantly learn to improve future campaigns.
• The main point of contact regarding social strategy and social creative across Marketing, Publicity, Content and other teams working against the title or slate-level initiatives.
• Work closely with the team that oversees the social platforms to align on social strategy for Nonfiction titles to accurately represent the full strategy to key partners and other stakeholders.
• Responsible for the full suite of content to support a title across the totality of the planned social ecosystem for the entire duration of a title campaign, and delivering finalized content to our proprietary scheduling system.
• Work closely with marketing, production, and talent partners to craft content capture strategy, plan around talent, and decide executional needs (content days, on set capture, marketing shoots etc.).
• Work with retainer agencies to source additional social content.
• Collaborate with the team that oversees platforms to ensure best practices for social creative and align on distribution strategy across platforms.
• Drive innovation in social and strive for creative excellence across all titles and assets.
Background and Specific Skills
• Experience working on broad, multiple-platform marketing campaigns and delivering nuanced, insight-based social strategies.
• Knowledge of what works across various social platforms and experience in multi-channel distribution efforts.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and highly collaborative - loves working with others, isn't afraid to lead or follow.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience using data and intuition to make content that grabs attention and engages its audience. Strong on social media analytics, but isn't afraid to take big risks.
• Ability to prioritize and handle several projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines.
• Able to build strong relationships and work across many internal cross-functional teams.
• Experience working directly with creators and is skilled in pitching/ presenting with the ability to read the room.
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Respect, understanding, and enthusiasm for Netflix culture.