Manager, Trade Compliance
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
With more than 151 million paid subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. As the company continues to rapidly expand across the globe, we are searching for a seasoned Trade Compliance professional to join our Regulatory Compliance team as a Manager, Trade Compliance (based in either Los Gatos or potentially Los Angeles).
In this role, you will have responsibility for helping to support the business by ensuring Netflix is able to quickly get an incredible breadth of technologies and goods where they need to be in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and regulations. You will also be responsible for managing and optimizing import/export training, customs broker management, and international trade regulation guidance to the business (among other things).
In other words, you should be someone who can easily explain EAR to anyone, loves debating the best HTS code to use for our OCAs, has written a BIS license application or two, can give a wicked presentation on OFAC sanctions, and is undaunted by unpredictable twists and turns in the global trade landscape. Oh and you're hopefully not too shy. Being successful in this role will require close collaboration with our Engineering, Partner Management, Logistics, HR, Tax, Finance, Regulatory Compliance, and Legal teams (just to name a few). Plan on making an impact, embracing the Netflix culture, and having a lot of fun with our growing team along the way!
• Provide practical and actionable guidance on a broad range of global import and export compliance matters, with a focus on supporting content delivery technology at Netflix.
• Support global HTS and ECCN classifications, valuation, and origin determinations for a wide variety of commodities (e.g. network and data center equipment, production and studio assets, office equipment).
• Help develop and deliver impactful training to relevant stakeholders to build awareness of our trade compliance program.
• Manage and optimize relationships with customs brokers and other global trade compliance vendors.
• Assess opportunities to enhance efficiencies and optimize workflows.
• Monitor and socialize US and non-US trade policies and guidance that impact Netflix.
• Organize and maintain resources and guidance on international trade policies.
• Effectively present key data points regarding trade operations and compliance performance metrics.
• Help our team continue building and implementing a cutting edge trade compliance program and serve as a subject matter expert for trade compliance matters.
• 10 years experience in Trade Compliance
• Bachelor's or Masters degree in international business, public policy, supply chain management, or a related discipline
• International program and project management experience; especially in building or managing new programs
• Experience with Amber Road or other global trade management software
• Proficiency in G Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts Meet; Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides, Sites, etc.)
• Licensed US Customs Broker (a plus but not required)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (you're able to tailor messages in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences)
• Superior organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved
• Ability to maintain a positive, constructive attitude in ambiguous situations and to manage complexity and high pressure in a productive manner
• Knack for making trade compliance fun and approachable