Manager, Technical Operations Post Services
This was removed by the employer on 10/4/2021 5:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Manager, Technical Operations Post Services jobs in Madrid-MD
Search all Manager, Technical Operations Post Services postings
Full Time Job
Netflix is building in-house Post Production Facilities and Services in order to support the ever growing volume of Original Content we are producing. The Studio is focussed on delivering the very best levels of service and creative experience to our filmmakers and creative executives. Our Post Production Services team is charged with the Operational Management of these services and spaces, and will be recruiting a team of talented and dedicated individuals to ensure success.
We are building a Post Facility at Netflix Madrid Studios to provide in-house facilities and services for the exclusive use of Netflix local language original production. You will define the requirements for the support structure, technical specifications, and operational workflows of our Offline Editorial and Dailies services, as well as our post finishing facilities. You will build out a team of highly skilled and communicative technicians and engineers to provide expertise and support to our productions and creative artists, ensuring our in-house facilities and specialist rooms are fully optimized and continue to evolve to meet the creative demands of our filmmakers.
The candidate will define the requirements for the operational structure, service levels, and technical excellence of our Post Production Facility, creating a focused and consistent technical operating model in line with our global strategy. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of engaging with content creators and post production management, as well as leading, socializing and helping to teach and implement transformational entertainment industry workflows.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the day to day technical, operational and engineering management of our Madrid Studios Post Production Facility, on premises.
• Build and develop a team of Avid Techs, House Engineers and Dailies Operators
• Define, refine and evolve the facility's creative and technical operations.
• Develop a culture of high performance, collaboration, and service.
• Partner closely with Client Services to ensure an optimum client experience for the Filmmakers and Productions using our facilities.
• Provide workflow expertise, knowledge, and guidance to the Filmmakers, content partners, and creative artists who are using our specialist rooms.
• Provide real world perspective, setting the context, parameters and business requirements for our partners in the Studio and Product Teams to provide Tier 2 & 3 level of support.
• Partner closely with our Engineering stakeholder teams to develop and evolve tools, platforms, and workflows that meet the challenges and demands of the business in future state.
• Ensure the technical Facilities are fully optimized to meet current and future creative and technical requirements by partnering closely with our internal engineering teams.
• Track feedback and service improvement requests from our stakeholders and create virtuous cycles of service improvement through constant assessment and adjustment of best practices.
• 10 years of experience in Post Production, at a Facility and/or Studio, with specialization in Offline editorial and Dailies
• Strong relationships and hands-on knowledge of key Industry Manufacturers, their tools and software, such as Avid, Black Magic Resolve, Baselight, ProTools and Colorfront.
• Understanding of networking (switched IP protocols, DNS, ports), network storage and workstation architectures and how they relate to and optimize post production workflows and media management.
• Experience and expertise across Windows, Mac, Linux operating systems and workstation hardware, workstation hardware (GPU's, memory, etc..), MS Server, and Google Apps for Business.
• Experience with and ability to respectfully, but authoritatively, engage with creative executives and content creators.
• Ability to manage and operate in ambiguous situations and think on your feet to solve challenges and problems.
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to socialize, explain and ''sell'' new and complex technology, tools and workflows.
• Deep knowledge of content creation and post production workflows.
• Proven track record of innovation, initiative, ideation and implementation.
• Proven abilities to embrace, drive and enable change management.
• Experience with instituting quality management frameworks and process improvement.
• Experience working with diverse teams across multiple functions, skills and locations
• Strong organizational skills with a proactive mentality, positive orientation and outlook.
• Ability to respond after-hours for important, timely, or urgent matters.
• Team-player who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting.
• Ability to handle a heavy volume of work, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.