Manager, Social Marketing
This was removed by the employer on 4/3/2023 5:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Social Marketing jobs in Mumbai-MH
Search all Manager, Social Marketing postings
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment with over 223 million streaming members in over 190 countries, enjoying TV series, feature films and documentaries across a wide variety of genres and languages.
At Netflix, our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns that pierce the zeitgeist and drive conversation.
With a successful few years of establishing itself as a premium streaming service in India since its launch in 2016, we continue in our ambition to get deeper into the lives of Indian consumers and make Netflix the preferred service and experience for entertainment lovers. It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we shape the future of entertainment and grow the brand and business in India.
We are looking for a creative marketer to join a team that's an integral part of the launch and development of innovative marketing campaigns that spark and amplify conversations around our titles, our talent and our brand.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate. In this role, you will be a key contributor in strategising, managing and creating for our Social platforms, with a key focus on engaging audiences with our most recent and relevant title offerings. Creating brilliant creative to spark conversation around our titles and talent along with building deep long term relationships with our audience will be the primary goal.
You will be a member of a strike team of creative professionals based in our Mumbai office, and will work in close partnership with our Content, Marcomms and other internal teams.
You need to be an innovative thinker, who is able to find balance between creative bets and strategic vision. The role requires someone who is curious and business savvy, to set the right vision and strategy for the team, and to be able to handle both long and short term campaigns simultaneously in a very important growth market.
It's also a highly creative role, involving a deep understanding of the audiences (current and future) and what makes them tick. Creating clutter breaking creative for our Social platforms (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) on a consistent basis will be imperative. You need to understand and have the skills to scale up and scale down production based on the needs of the creative. You recognise that some stories are best told through a nimble and simple video, whilst others require larger shoots.
We're looking for someone entrenched in pop culture, someone who truly is on top of all conversations in the digital universe. This is core to maintaining the balance of business and audience needs in a function that is built uniquely to lean more audience first. This understanding enables us to create content that is relatable, authentic, and timely, ensuring conversations around our brand constantly enter the zeitgeist.
The role will report into the Director of Social Marketing, India.
Who are you?
• You are an innovative and creative marketing thinker, craving to build the most breakthrough campaigns in the Indian market.
• You have a proven track record of building world-class creative and launching Social campaigns for premium brands/entertainment properties that create a passionate following amongst consumers.
• You are capable of balancing data-driven strategic thinking with breakthrough creative vision.
• You have a deep understanding of local and global pop culture. Having invested thousands of hours in consuming content, you are someone who's truly passionate about entertainment.
• You thrive in a fast-paced multifaceted environment, possess a high level of emotional IQ and intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment and decision-making skills in the face of ambiguity.
• You can inspire and influence both internal and external stakeholders and rally teams behind a single-minded vision.
• You demonstrate mastery of verbal and written communication skills.
• You have the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously without the support of a large team, working both independently and in close collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are eager to flourish in our unique company culture? (see W?ho We Are?)
• Key Responsibilities:
• Building out Social Strategy and Campaigns for our biggest local films in India.
• Working very closely with Title Marketing to craft creative strategy, title positioning, building briefs, campaign architecture, asset development/placements (AV/trailers, digital, social, print and out-of-home, activations, stunts, guerrilla etc.), marketing shoots, budgeting, talent management and agency partnerships among others.
• Building out the voice of Netflix and the strategy for our social channels based on our business goals.
• Strong cross functional collaboration with internal teams and marcomms partners in order to ensure strong ownership on campaigns. It will be critical to align with cross-functional efforts led by our Title Marketing, Publicity, Comms, Partnerships and Content teams.
• 7-10 years in social media/digital marketing experience, with a background preferably in entertainment marketing, content creation, brand marketing (or as a creative lead at an agency)
• Experience handling/creating content across multiple social media platforms
• Strong grasp of social analytics and how to apply it to optimise creative performance
• Experience on how 360 degree marketing campaigns work
• Talent Management - having worked with Bollywood talent in the past
Wow, that's a lot! If this all sounds like something that interests you, the Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read the culture deck. If it resonates for you, maybe you're the right person to join the Netflix team.