Manager - Scaled Launch Operations
NetflixMexico City, MX
Full Time Job
As Netflix's global member base grows from 200 million members enjoying local stories globally, the ability to operate at scale without compromising on quality is paramount to our success. Netflix is looking for a Senior Leader to join its newly forming Scaled Launch Operations team in Mexico City.
This team will be part of a broader operational hub strategy and manages the entire launch readiness process, including on-service pre-promotional milestones, by combining rigorous Project Management and risk mitigation with a strategic, member-first mindset.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned leader who has experience leading global teams to deliver on a high scale and high-impact work. If you are an inspirational leader with experience standing up high scale initiatives, and building operational hubs, you excel at challenging the status quo and influencing change, you thrive in a global team, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity, then this role is for you.
The role involves building and developing a strong, resourceful team of individual contributors in our Mexico City hub. Communicating our team's value and impact with cross-functional partners - getting buy-in for workflow changes that will help scale the team and their outputs.
What You'll Do:
• Your team has an equally important duality to their role and it's important that you're able to support both streams with equal expertise as you'll be developing a team of individuals focused on supporting the business needs - balancing cost efficiency and operational excellence:
a) Your team will own and be accountable for the end-to-end, on-service project management of titles from across the globe. While multiple teams (internal and external) are responsible for creating and delivering assets, they will be responsible for ensuring those assets are coming in at the right time and keeping the project (each title) moving towards a predetermined launch date that all of our stakeholders are aligned to.
b) They will help shape and redesign existing workflows to help accelerate the efficiency of our operations in line with the key business objectives for our group.
• Fostering relationships with a globally dispersed set of cross-functional teams to evangelize our teams remit and value and garner support for the team as they stand up a new way of operating.
• Informing strategy and long term remit of the team
• Lead your team and partner teams through change
• Contribute to the broader scaling strategy within our organization
• Exercise sound judgment and risk mitigation to create/modify delivery and launch plans including use cases that fall outside the norm
• Partner with our Technology, Engineering, Partnerships, and Quality Control teams within Global Product Creative Operations, to guide tooling, workflow, and vendor needs to help scale operations
What You'll Need:
• Experience leading a global team
• Be an excellent coach, don't micromanage, empower
• Experience standing up new operating models/teams to scale a workflow or a business
• Extensive experience in contributing to scale initiatives/projects with clear business impact
• Ability and willingness to work across timezones and travel frequently (when feasible)
• Experience externalizing workflows to vendors
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An analytical and innovative mindset
• A passion for operations and a thirst to do more with less, to work smarter not harder
• A tools-first mentality reserving human activity for where judgment and communication are critical
• The ability to build deep cross-functional relationships
• A business and team-first attitude (naturally selfless)
• A self-starter mentality (takes initiative)
• An optimistic, solutions-driven attitude in the most challenging situations
• Fluency in an additional language is a bonus
• The ability to adapt to the Netflix culture and values