Manager, Regulatory Affairs - France
Full Time Job
Netflix is seeking a regulatory affairs manager to join the team in France which is one of our most challenging markets. This person will engage with policymakers on a variety of issues that are directly relevant to the business of Netflix in France. He or she will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with the new AVMS obligations. In particular, they will coordinate with the Business & Legal Affairs and Content Strategy & Analysis teams to develop a workflow to forecast, monitor and report our obligations. As such, they will be a key point of support for the relevant internal teams (Business & Legal Affairs, Content Strategy & Analysis, Content, Finance) and will liaise with regulators (CSA in particular) to ensure timely compliance.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on complex regulatory and policy issues in the media and cultural sector. He or she will also thrive in multi-cultural and fast-paced environments. He or she will be a self starter but also perform well in teams, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. Part of the role will also require translating complex political, regulatory, and legal issues into simple messages, drafting papers as well as organising campaigns and events to advance those messages.
This role is based in Paris and reports to Netflix's Director of Public Policy for France.
The successful candidate will have at least the following qualifications:
• 8 years of regulatory and public policy experience with the French institutions and policy-makers in the media and entertainment sector
• Effective understanding of legal documents and the audiovisual production ecosystem
• Perfect fluency in French, professional written and verbal English language skills
• High level of organisational and operational skills, ability to time manage across multiple deadlines, critical thinking
• Tech savvy individual, quick to adapt to new or changing systems
• Excellent fit with the Netflix culture