Manager, Production Global Franchise
Full Time Job
Manager, Production Global Franchise (Specta-verse)
We are seeking an experienced Production Executive to manage Netflix's global productions based out of the UK. This is a permanent full-time position which will report to the Director, Production Management, Global Franchises, deputizing as required and is a key member of Drama's Production Management Team. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of the production of Netflix Global Franchise shows both Self Managed and with third-party vendors and crews.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. A successful candidate will be a seasoned TV production expert who is quick-thinking, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple priorities and collaborate well with a large number of experienced and seasoned stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Reviewing scripts and working with Showrunners, External Informed Captains, and Line Producers to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback on viability and risks
• Support the Director of the team in developing long term strategy for the department
• Lead or assist with search and hire of key production staff
• To act as a key advisor to Editorial Leads and Director, Production Management GF to enable them to balance editorial aims and delivery requirements with financial and resource constraints across a growing slate of franchise titles.
• Work with different Netflix department teams like Creative, Finance, Legal, Post Production & external production crews on establishing key production schedules and workflows
• Determine key vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues and curate key relationships for future productions
• Work with Producers and Line Producers to manage and approve all costs, keeping stakeholders informed and ensuring we meet deadlines and stay within budget
• To manage the timely provision of accurate expenditure forecasts and progress reports, establishing and setting cost/forecasting priorities with the Producer and Line Producer to enable cost/schedule risks to be identified and managed effectively
• To provide timely advice and support to the Producer/Line Producer and to intervene on an exceptional basis only where there are major issues that require more senior resolution
• To continually seek to provide increased value to the audience through challenging the status quo, reviewing production processes and shaping and implementing improved ways of working
• To ensure the Producer/ Line Producer discharges their occupational risk responsibilities
• To regularly monitor and review safety implementation and compliance and to ensure that risk assessments and safety documentation are properly assessed and completed for all productions.
• To ensure through the Producer and Line Producer that the production team and crew training needs are identified and met
• To manage editorial, production and financial compliance across the given slate.
• Troubleshoot issues and communicate all changes to schedules to internal department teams
• To lead the production review/de-briefing process and to share the learning outcomes.
• At least 10 Years of production management, ideally as the Head of Production or Production Executive, Line Producer or Senior Production Manager.
• Extensive experience managing large-budget TV scripted shows is required in this role.
• Experience as a freelancer and on a network/studio level or In-house for a production company is preferred
• Proficiency in Google Suite and Movie Magic Budgeting and Movie Magic Scheduling