Manager, Production Finance - Docs, Comedy and Unscripted
Full Time Job
Manager, Production Finance - Docs, Comedy and Unscripted (UK)
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 125 million streaming members in over 190 countries. It's a great time to join Netflix.
The Manager of Production Finance for Documentaries, Comedy, and Unscripted will be instrumental in creating and implementing the production finance goals of the global originals team. The goals include i) reviewing and analyzing production budgets and estimated final costs ii) protecting company assets through cash management, policies and procedures and iii) providing shows with the production finance support to facilitate producing great content.
This position is the first Production Finance hire for the Documentaries, Comedy, and Unscripted team in Europe.
• Partner with other Netflix Executives to oversee our 3rd party production services companies, producers, and accountants.
• Communicate effectively with a range of Production Services companies with different areas of expertise in multiple countries.
• Work closely and collaboratively with numerous other Netflix teams including production, creative, business affairs, post production, content accounting, HR, labor relations, audit, treasury, and IT.
• Work with production services companies and show accountants on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Budget review, commentary, comparisons, and analysis. Manage the budget lock and tracking process. Analyze and track overages.
• Review and analysis of cost reports submitted by production companies.
• Manage the cash flow and funding processes, track and ensure receipt of tax incentives.
• Update production information in Netflix systems.
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Adjust policies and procedures based on workflow changes and feedback.
• Keep abreast of current and changing industry trends and evolving technologies. Help develop and test the next generation of production finance and production accounting tools. Ensure all production finance processes are current, reasonable and timely.
• Travel to the Netflix offices in Los Angeles and Amsterdam as needed. Occasional travel to various countries where production occurs.
• 15 years production finance and/or production accounting experience.
• Bilingual or trilingual preferred. English required, French and/or Spanish helpful.
• Understanding of payroll processes, union labor agreements, tax requirements, and production incentives.
• Expertise in entertainment industry budgeting and cost tracking software required.
• Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results.
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications.
• Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• College degree in accounting or finance preferred.