Manager, PR Film
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
This is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading and handling publicity campaigns for the world's leading entertainment-on-demand service, with a chance to work on films from the brightest filmmakers and actors around the world. The PR Manager will be based in London and will work as part of the UK PR team. The role will report to the Publicity Director.
The PR Manager will work across the Netflix scripted film slate, including both our UK and international film slates. They will drive innovative UK PR campaigns for films that span across all genres from action blockbusters to rom-coms, comedy to kids and family.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and understand the market. They will also not be afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions, and suggest better approaches; they will make tough decisions without agonising and will be candid and direct. They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels and they thrive in an environment void of bureaucracy and layers.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has delivered high impact and innovative campaigns
• Is experienced in working with filmmakers and talent, whilst also adaptable to not be reliant on talent access
• Has driven earned and social media coverage through successful implementation of stunts/news agenda grabbing ideas
• Has worked on Film Festivals and alongside an awards team on awards-worthy film campaigns
The successful candidate will:
• Have 8 years of experience in the film/entertainment genre
• Think strategically, and be able to clearly communicate priorities and goals to stakeholders
• Have a very creative approach
• Work well within a wider cross-functional team
• Be effective in dealing with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers
• Have excellent UK media relationships and experience executing a PR strategy and work well across disciplines to execute campaigns
• Possess a keen understanding of both new and traditional media
• Be able and willing to think on an international level
• Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business needs, opportunities and issues
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
The day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, formulating and implementing film publicity strategies for the UK and Ireland, leading publicity campaigns on UK film productions, creative brainstorming, liaising with journalists, influencers, talent representatives and talent, writing press releases, managing set visits and nominations, scheduling international junkets, implementing screening strategy and managing agencies on key campaigns.
The Netflix culture attracts individuals who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion and curiosity. A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential.