Manager, Post Production
NetflixMexico City, MX
Full Time Job
Manager, Post Production (Mexico)
Our International Originals Post Production team supporting Latin American content is seeking an experienced Post Production Manager for our rapidly growing slate. This initiative, which is central to Netflix's growth strategy in Latin America, focuses on developing and producing original series and films from across the region.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
This person will maintain vendor and editorial crew relations, review budgets, schedules, and have the ability to troubleshoot technical and workflow issues. They will partner closely with cross functional teams working on Latin American Originals -- Content, Physical Production, VFX and Production Finance -- and will be an integral part of the growing Post Production team in Mexico City.
This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, self-motivated and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The role is based in Mexico City, MX and will require some regional travel within the country, as well as occasional travel globally.
Specific Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Technical Setup of a Project:
• Work with Production Technologies, Post Production & external production team on defining post workflows such as dailies, HDR or SR color pipeline, master delivery, and final archive.
• Work to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
• Review creative/scripts & begin defining post budget
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
• Track & manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Create/Help inform and draft post schedule
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Distribution and Localization) & external production team to lock schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Lead or assist with search and hire of key show post staff
• Determine key post vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English languages
• 10 Years as an experienced Post Production Producer, Supervisor or Manager in long-form productions and familiar with the Latin American post production industry
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows in post production for both UHD/4k and HDR
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Willingness to continue learning and drive innovation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Working knowledge of UHD/4K cameras, UHD/4K workflows, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Resolve, Baselight, Nucoda, After Effects, ProTools, IMF, DCP