Manager, Post Production, International Originals - Japan
Full Time Job
Manager, Post Production, International Originals (Anime) - Japan
We are seeking an experienced Post Production Manager based in Japan to help manage original and licensed Anime slate. This person will maintain vendor and editorial crew relations, review budgets, schedules, and have the ability to troubleshoot technical and workflow issues. They will be responsible for finding and recommending scheduling and workflow efficiencies across multiple productions in order to keep up with demands of a rapidly scaling business.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 148 million streaming members globally. With this international expansion and a move into International originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible and able to pivot when necessary. S/He will be thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times.
This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The role will be focused on supporting Japanese-Language Anime series that are created and finished throughout Japan. Fluency in both Japanese/English and high level of understanding of 2d & 3d Animation workflows required.
Specific Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Technical Setup of Show:
• Work with Studio Technologies, Post & external production team on defining post workflows such as HDR color pipeline, master delivery, and final archive.
• Work to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
• Review creative/scripts & begin defining post budget
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
• Track & manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Create/Help inform and draft post schedule
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Distribution and Localization) & external production team to lock schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Lead or assist with search and hire of key show post staff
• Determine key post vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• Bilingual fluency in Japanese and English languages
• BA/BS Degree
• 10 Years as an experienced Post Production Producer, Supervisor or Manager in Animation and familiar with Japanese Anime Industry
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows in 2d & 3d animation
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Willingness to continue learning and drive innovation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task