Manager, Post Production - Documentary Films
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/3/2022 8:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Manager, Post Production - Documentary Films jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Post Production - Documentary Films postings
Full Time Job
From The Social Dilemma to FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened, American Murder to My Octopus Teacher, Netflix is the preeminent home for best-in-class documentary film content. Behind it all is the Netflix Documentary Films team; a multidisciplinary core of people passionate about creating elevated, captivating documentaries and making them available for viewers around the world to see.
We are looking to add a new Post Production Manager to the UCAN Documentary Films team. This position will act as an external 'show-facing' executive for Netflix, overseeing a slate of Documentary Films produced by external filmmakers and production companies. Post Production Managers oversee Post Production Coordinators, and play a key role in ensuring the successful completion of projects; advising partners on budgetary, scheduling, and technical matters; and helping forecast and navigate various needs leading up to delivery and launch. Additionally, this role will also lead and support internal projects and initiatives with our cross-functional teams across Netflix.
Further, Post Managers will be responsible for recommending, managing, and mentoring Post Supervisors and other external post staff as needed on each individual film. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about networking and getting to know editors and other key talent in the field, and able to identify opportunities to develop and encourage the next generation of post production talent.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of strong project management skills within documentary films post-production, as well as an insatiable curiosity and interest in all things documentaries and post-production. Candidates should be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. Team leadership experience and the ability to delegate is key. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is solution driven and a positive thinker. Candidates should excel at exercising good judgment and communication even during times of ambiguity.
include, but are not limited to:
• Review and approve budgets, vendor bids, and staffing plans -- ensuring consistency and continuity with broader expectations in the Documentary Films field.
• Advise on key post workflows, including camera capture, media management, master delivery, and final archive.
• Create and modify deliverables lists, based on project expectations and requirements.
• Provide consistent communication and support to production partners throughout the entire project life cycle.
• Participate in regular show update calls.
• Lead Finishing & Delivery Kick Off meetings, and post-specific calls as needed.
• Maintain up-to-date records of important show-related information
• Communicate with and advise internal partners on milestone expectations and needs, troubleshooting and negotiating conflicts as needed
• Work with Post Production Coordinators and asset specialists to ensure proper and timely delivery of all expected deliverables.
• Advise on launch date viability and concerns with internal partners.
• Coordinate submissions of individual titles to the MPA for theatrical ratings as needed.
• Coordinating delivery, review and approval of theatrical assets for festivals and theatrical runs.
• Set up and attend key approval sessions when necessary (i.e. mix, grade reviews, etc)
• Keeping up to date with Netflix tools, specs and technologies
• Working with internal teams to identify ways to improve communication systems, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Attend post events, shows and meetings as required, representing Netflix at the highest standard at all times
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience specifically overseeing multiple projects at a time in managerial roles such as Post Producer, Post Production Supervisor, Post Production Executive, Head of Post, etc. Documentary experience required
• A passion for documentary films, and a comfort navigating the ever-changing plans that go hand-in-hand with documentary filmmaking
• Experience collecting and negotiating vendor bids, and budgeting for post production on documentary films.
• Knowledge of current trends for post production workflows for both UHD/4K, Dolby Vision/HDR, and Dolby Atmos.
• Familiar with professional-grade camera formats and compression and post production tools used during editorial, online, grading and sound post workflows
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Desire and self motivation to continuously learn
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with filmmakers, post supervisors, editors, and key vendors.
• Proficiency in Google Suite and budgeting software would be advantageous
• Ability and willingness to travel for official work, such as to visit productions, support titles and filmmakers at film festivals, etc.