Manager, Post Production - Animation
Full Time Job
Manager, Post Production - Animation (EMEA)
At Netflix Original Animation, we want to revolutionize the animation industry by telling global stories in diverse formats, with teams that represent our audiences and leverage cutting edge technologies to bring these stories to the screen.
Our Original Animation Post Production team is seeking an experienced (10 years), bilingual (French and English) manager to join the revolution. This role is based out of our EMEA headquarters in Amsterdam, and will manage all animated partner-managed and licensed titles for the EMEA and APAC regions (except Anime).
High level responsibilities include representing our Global Series team by reviewing and approving post budgets and schedules, communicating and tracking show deliverables, connecting studio cross functional teams with relevant partners, show staff, and vendors, and advocating for Netflix production tools and technology initiatives.
The north star for this position is to create an environment where Netflix's animation partners feel at home, well informed, and connected to our amazing studio. The person in this role will make great efforts to build meaningful partner relationships, set clear studio expectations up front, and evaluate regional vendor workflows and delivery capabilities.
Because many of the EMEA animation projects originate in France, the candidate must be fluent in French and have deep familiarity with the country's post production landscape. Other titles will be produced in non-English/French speaking countries. As such, the candidate will need to train and rely upon Netflix post managers in those countries to supervise correspondence and final deliveries.
People who excel on this team are positive, kind, self-motivated, flexible of thought and able to juggle multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and leadership. We value people who are creative problem solvers, exercise informed judgement, curiosity to seek out alignment, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Budget and Schedule:
*Review creative materials.
*Review (and sometimes prepare) and lock show post budgets and schedules.
*Provide relevant notes and analysis to internal stakeholders.
*Track, manage, and inform key stakeholders of ongoing post related costs and schedule updates.
• Project Setup and Management:
*Lead or assist with search and hire of key show post staff and vendors.
*Connect studio partners, relevant show staff, and post vendors with internal technology and delivery teams to communicate technical requirements and troubleshoot any areas of concern.
*Onboard, train, and provide support for external partners with regards to Netflix's digital production tools.
• Content Management
*Provide review access to appropriate internal stakeholders.
*Schedule and attend Netflix screenings, previews, and premieres in conjunction with the Screenings team.
*Consult on remote creative review and approval workflows.
• Partner, Vendor, and Editorial Talent Relations
*Develop amazing relationships with Netflix's studio partners across EMEA and APAC.
*Cultivate relationships with animation studios so they can understand and advocate for Netflix's best practices.
*Curate regional post vendor lists, and develop deep knowledge of their workflows, bandwidth, strengths, and gaps.
*Build relationships with the regional freelance editorial and post supervisor communities.
• Forecasting and Training
*Utilize internal tools to forecast the upcoming title count in each country. Evaluate where you may need to rely on local Netflix post managers for assistance.
*Build relationships with local post managers and align on roles and responsibilities as it relates to animation titles.
*Train local post managers on the differences between live action and animation projects.
• 10 Years as an experienced Post Production Supervisor on a freelance or staff basis having worked with medium and high budget studio series with major production companies
• Working proficiency in English and preferably in French
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising numerous projects in various states of production (from development through delivery)
• Extremely knowledgeable on current post production delivery specs and workflows
• Familiar with current animation production technology trends and workflows
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
• Proficiency in Google Apps suite
• Knowledgeable in Avid Media Composer/NEXIS, Adobe Premiere, Avid NEXIS, Syncsketch, Moxion, Toon Boom, After Effects, and Maya