Manager, Pipeline Supervisor
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/8/2020 2:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Manager, Pipeline Supervisor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Pipeline Supervisor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Pipeline Supervisor? The Role
The Pipeline Supervisor for Animation is a workflow architect and partner for front end animation production at Netflix. This role has two primary functions:
As a strategic technical advisor, the Pipeline Supervisor - will work with producers, story and art teams, editorial, previs, internal engineering teams, production executives, and our external production partners to optimize workflows and exchange of data.
As a team leader, the Pipeline Supervisor will manage Technical Directors supporting digital artists and production workflows across multiple animated features and series. This team primarily builds tools to automate processes, interface with 3rd party software, and support specific needs of individual shows. The Pipeline Supervisor's role is to mentor and manage these TD's and leverage their development of show-specific tools into a common reusable platform for future productions. Pipeline Supervisor will always have the bigger picture in mind, be aware of what is happening across shows and avoid duplicating efforts where possible.
Communication with a wide range of people of varying levels of technical expertise will be key to success.
Netflix animation has a wide and diverse slate of projects CG, 2D, Stop Motion and Hybrids - we're doing it all. Come be part of what's on its way to becoming one of the largest and most diverse animation teams in the world!
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate closely with product management and engineering teams to stay aligned on product roadmaps across enterprise applications.
• Maintain and update existing near-term solutions until features are incorporated into enterprise applications.
• Manage a team of TDs that work directly with shows setting priorities and avoiding duplicated efforts across teams
• Provide guidance to artists and Technical Directors on choosing technology solutions, designing friendly user experiences, and structuring data.
• 7 years of experience in feature animation and animated series production pipeline teams with an Emphasis on front end production.
• Designing and executing large production pipeline solutions for animation production.
• A seasoned manager that can set priorities and map out a long term plan for the team.
• Experience working with external production studios in both feature and series workflows.
• Extensive experience in Python, C or an equivalent
• Familiar with 3rd party tools like Maya, Flix, Storyboard Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Toon Boom Harmony, Nuke, Arnold, Renderman, Redshift, Shotgun and their APIs.
• Virtual production experience is a bonus. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.